We managed to get the hose insulated. First we spiraled heat tape about every 3 feet. Then enveloped that in foam. Then came the insulation all along it, then plastic over that to keep out moisture. And finally, enclosed the whole ugly looking mess in its own pretty little 12 foot cedar coffin.
The 3 air vents on the roof were insulated, windows washed, a new fridge ( arriving on Friday ) and small ceramic oscillating heater were purchased, and the propane tank filled.
The skirting for the bottom of the trailer will wait till another weekend.
Old fridge taken out, awaiting new one. Look at the top of the photo. See that small grey thing?

Here's a closer look. My Mum near had a fit when she saw this wee Hornet nest.

We set up my BBQ and did up some chicken breasts, corn and baked potatoes. Strawberries and grapes for dessert. Yum!
I relaxed last night and watched the film "Crazy Heart" Oh my gawd, easy to see why Jeff Bridges won so many awards for his performance. Absolutely fantastic film.
Or maybe it's because I just love a cowboy.
Went to the thrift store today looking for a good decent cake pan and spotted these 2 people. They don't talk much.

Hope your Monday has been lovely!


Well that should do the trick!!!! Hornets have been very nesty....is that a word?....here as well this year. Little nests all over the place!!
ReplyDeletej
When I first moved the trailer here and looked inside the outdoor cubby hole where the electrical cord is kept, there was another small nest like the one above.
ReplyDeleteThese Hornets are acting out of character I think. I have never seen one as low hanging as I did down at the river bank. And I've never seen them as small as I've seen them this season! Just odd behavior. I wonder what's up with their environment?
Nesty sounds like the perfect word to use here!
Wow...you were busy...hope you had time for a beer!!! What happened to their faces??? ;-)
ReplyDeletePS. Hornets need a home too!!!
Well of COURSE we had time for a beer (s)!! Hahahaah!!
ReplyDeleteI'm cool with all nature, but nests belong in the great outdoors dammit. :)) This was a dead nest anyway. No hornets lost their home because of me! :))
Looks like you and the kids will be snug and cozy this winter. That's a good thing. But, how did you get Jeff Bridges to come over and help you, is what I want to know... :)
ReplyDeleteI sweetly asked and he sweetly said yes.
ReplyDeleteHe didn't do fuck all...just sat around playing tunes. But that was cool!