October 02, 2010

Autumn Relief

I'm not a big fan of summer. Never was. I don't remember ever going out suntanning. I appreciate the sun for its much needed light and whatever tiny amount of Vit D it can help my body produce, but other than that? Pffft.

I am sitting here safely tucked indoors, while I listen to the leaves being blown off their branches. I can hear them dance ( yes, I said leaves dance...my leaves do! ) across the gravel driveway gathering speed until WHAP! they hit the side of the big Cottonwood tree. There they will remain wedged, between fence and tree, till I feel like hauling them off to the compost. Which will be today because I have lots and lots to do before it's too cold to work outdoors!

My hose line needs to be insulated before real cold sets in. Or else I'll end up having to go to a creek somewhere and chopping through the ice to get water!

Sorta' like this


'Course, I'm a woman, so the body would be a tad curvy. And I'd be wearing clothes for gawd's sake! And hip waders! What is this guy thinking??

The trailer also needs to be skirted. For all you non trailer living people, that means the underneath of the trailer will be wrapped up so no cold Mr North Wind can freeze our arses off this winter.

Sorta'.....and I hope it looks exactly like this: ( painted plywood instead of ugly ass tarp )

Yesterday I started cutting the boards for my fence. Yeehaw! I used a Mitre Saw. Powerful tool, maaaan that thing just helped me whiz along. Most of the boards are 78" or so and I am cutting them down to 72". Guesstimating....I'd say I cut 30 or 40 in a couple of hours. About another 180 or so to go. Hopefully I can get that done by next weekend. Crossing my fingers the rain doesn't come down in buckets because this is all being worked on outdoors. A friend has offered to help me build my fence so another Yeehaw! He will come up on weekends and work hard alongside myself, I'll feed him and we will hopefully have it all done by end of this month. Can I get another yeehaw please? YEEHAW!!

My parents are coming down this morning and heading back tomorrow. A lot gets done when they are around. Busy busy busy bees. My Dad can do the insulation on the hose while my Mum and I do whatever my Mum tells me we are going to do. She's like that. My lips will be tremendously raw and bloody by the time she leaves.....from all the biting on them I will do. My mantra when she's here is "My Mummy loves me...My Mummy loves me...". But, all in all, she's great. And loved more than she thinks. Silly old lady.

Hope your day is as great as I already know mine will be!

3 comments:

  1. Here you go -- yeehaw! Sounds like a busy, busy weekend for Ms. Donnelly. Hope your weather holds out until you get done what you need to get done.

    The blog is lookin' good, girl. Keep up the good work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure do love reading your postings..have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the lovin and support Nancy and Donna!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and saying hi!

Hi back!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...