September 28, 2010

Ponderings

I was browsing the aisles of a thrift store recently. I like shopping there because 1) it's cheap! 2) it's run by a group of volunteer church ladies and the monies go straight into the community food bank and 3) it doesn't smell like ass in the store. Man I've gone into some thrift stores and walked out wishing there was a full cycle washing machine close enough for me to throw myself into.

I was in the doo dads/ornamental junk section when this fearsome beast called to me.

Now, I am a lover of Gargoyles! And this was something I had only seen in photos. This particular item would be screwed against a door and the knob handle would enter in the middle hole. Cool eh!



I took that and my other prizes of the day, a book about edible local mushrooms and 2 really cute little candle lamps and headed to the cashier.


That sweet little old church lady picked up my Gargoyle and tossed it across the glass counter top with venom. She raised her sweet voice and told me that it was demonic. WTF?? A Gargoyle.... demonic?? I couldn't be bothered to try and explain how much ass backwards her thoughts were.

Have you heard of geocaching? Well, apparently on one of our regular walking places is one particular Fir tree that geocachers just love to hide their caches in and around. Now, it wouldn't be a problem if they selected a spot where they did not need to damage/maim....but they dig around the base of it and cut notches in it to hide their caches. Hey! C'mon guys! There's a billion other crooks and crannys to use on a tree, you don't need to kill it in the process! We walked there yesterday and I put the dog shits all around the base of the tree. If it stops one geocacher from damaging/maiming, well, I've done my job. *smirk*

Living in a 5th wheel has its moments.

Ever heard of someone having a *navy shower*? Wet yourself, turn off water. Soap and scrub. Turn water on and rinse. That's what happens when your hot water tank only holds 6 gallons of water. I hope my Mum comes down soon and stays overnight in a motel. I can bring myself, Watcher, Ticket and Henry and give us all a nice long leisurely bath. And for having the pleasure of her visiting me of course! Ha!

Why are toaster ovens called toaster ovens if you can't make a decent piece of toast in them?

Salmon patties over cooked in the oven make awesome dog
training treats. My dogs love me. :)

Found this poem while surfing the other day. I want it framed and at my bedside table. By Ray Carver:

Woke up this morning with
a terrific urge to lie in bed all day
and read. Fought against it for a minute.

Then I looked out the window at the rain.
...And gave over. Put myself entirely
in the keep of this rainy morning.

Would I live my life over again?
Make the same unforgivable mistakes?
Yes. Given half a chance, yes.

2 comments:

  1. Ooooh what a lovely poem!
    I especially like this line:
    Put myself entirely
    in the keep of this rainy morning.

    That's such a perfect,positive way to look at it!

    Hahahah,I love your dog poo trick!
    I bet they'll be surprised,hee

    That church biddy..wow..next time you go you should tell her my FIL stole a plastic figure of Jesus from a thrift store. See if that diverts her attentions away at least;p

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's HILARIOUS your fil stole a jesus statue!!!!!! And IT WAS PLASTIC!!!!

    Wtf was he thinking?? For what reason?? I'm boggled.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and saying hi!

Hi back!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...