October 31, 2009

Work, Work, Work...

A few reasons why my job ( omg...I get paid to be around critters!!! ) is the best in the world.

Suzie...who is not nearly as evil as she looks in this photo


Squirt...a puppy mill survivor...who has personality plus!!! and loves to be the ankle biter, lovingly.


Donny...a deaf Cocker, who worries me because of sudden body trembling...a very very soft sweet dog.


Lucky...blind Golden Retriever. She had become an inconvenience to her previous people. Well, she totally matters here.


Lucas...a big ole wonderful dog. Collar issues ( someone used his collar to grab and punish..like a LOT of the dogs here ), but, he is never grabbed here, nor punished. Because he does no wrong. He's a great dog...looking for a home like all the others.


The dogs above are but a few of the reasons why I am loving my job. Another of the reasons is Emily, the calf. We are trying to wean her by watering down her bottles and she is one unhappy baby. She even goes as far as to try and suckle milk from Joy, who has no milk! But Joy is so sweet she stands there for a couple of minutes until Emily realizes she is dry.



I've been working outside with the farm animals this week, so get ready for some more photos of more honey-pies!

6 comments:

  1. I will take them all please. :)
    Love what you are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all your photos and stories about the animals.
    You,are a lucky,lucky duck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're one lucky lady Colleen.
    I envy you.
    Bless your heart for helping out these unfortunate animals.
    They're very lucky to have you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've not been on your blog in a while and just realized you are working at SAINTS! Yaaay for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are blessed, as are the fuzzy souls you care for.

    PS - Please forward me the contact info for whoever thought Lucky was too inconvenient... I have a few choice words for them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is my dream job come true. Seriously. And living on site, makes it even more of a dream job. I am here to stay.

    Colleen, if I could I surely would!!

    Here's a quick story about one little 4? pound 12 year old malti poo? that was brought in. I've read on the internet occasionally about people that buy dogs to match their furniture...but never met anyone that did. A few weeks back, while yet another scuz was dumping the above dog, he actually said his wife bought him because he matched the furniture color. I was sitting their cuddling this shaking scared little guy ( while the founder of Saints, Carol was having him fill out the release forms ) and kept my head down. I knew if I looked up I might say something that would make the guy melt into the floor. I've never been so disgusted with another human. Before he walked out the door...and mind you he never even came over to give the little love a last pet...he put $60 down on the table as a "donation".

    Fucking laughable as the first thing we do here when an animal is admitted is vet them. You can't even walk in the door of a vet without spending $100. This little bugger ( said lovingly ) has had a good $400 on him, and his health is horrible. He probably won't be here long, but for that time he IS here, his life is 100% important,and he matters.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and saying hi!

Hi back!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...