A couple weeks back we all went for a quick walk/pee break off the highway onto a silent houseless back road. We had spent the day traveling in total 86 miles and visiting 2 different households, both which contained other dogs. It was a wonderful socializing experience for Henry and a great day checking in with friends.
Problem is, none of my dogs sleep in the Van while travelling. None. They are all wide awake and alert. Mix 9 hours of wide awake time, 2 different sets of dogs, LOTS of fun!!!!!, and a 5 month old puppy. After the pee break on the way home....
Problem is, none of my dogs sleep in the Van while travelling. None. They are all wide awake and alert. Mix 9 hours of wide awake time, 2 different sets of dogs, LOTS of fun!!!!!, and a 5 month old puppy. After the pee break on the way home....
Hey Henry??? You okay???
Seriously Henry, you okay???
What?
No, really...WHAT??
I am going to seriously fall in love with Henry.
ReplyDeletethis reminds me the childhood of April. their long black noses look very much alike!
ReplyDeleteI love the name Henry (how did you come up with that?) and I just plain love Henry... I'll trade you one rooster with no toes for one Henry. What do you say? lol. :)
ReplyDeleteAWWW - I miss Henry.. The bond between your dogs is touching... Makes my eyes tear all up...Hope to see you all soon,
ReplyDeleteJonna, fall in love all you want. But he's MINE!! BAHAHAHA!!!
ReplyDeleteNola, I wouldn't rule out that Henry and April have a similar close genetic background at all. Their breeders do sell to each other occasionally. Henry came to me because, to his conformation breeder, he was useless. Whatever. He's a vibrant sentient soul who feels all the same emotions as a sighted dog. He's a honey pie who knows he is cherished and treasured. And just slightly spoiled. Hah!
Snow...WTF??? A no toed rooster?? How wicked....what the heck happened to that poor bugger?? And NOOOO trade!! Henry's name came to on the ride home with him. I remembered the names people told me I should name him...like Baron, Trooper, Stevie...as in Mr Wonder. GAG!!! Henry just popped into my brain. And it suits his personality, his softness, and his worldly look when he's just sitting or laying down pondering.
Anonymous...I will assume you are Petra. ONLY because you said you miss Henry. No one says that but you! I will see you Friday correct?
That's ok.. someday I might have my own dog friend. maybe not as sweet as Henry but you got to love your friends as they are.
ReplyDeleteHe is just too cute! Those ears kill me.
ReplyDeleteBefore I adopted Latte, her foster family had named her BG (Blind Girl)which I just couldn't live with. I wouldn't have picked Latte either but I promised my nieces they could name her. Guess it doesn't really matter though since I usually call her Muppet or Peanut. :)
Hi, Colleen! I just love your pictures. Henry is blind, really??? He doesn't look like it! That picture is just too funny, reminds me of Faydi and Jack. Whenever she flakes out he's always going over to check her, make sure she's still breathing! I love your puppies!
ReplyDeleteTake care,
Dianne :-D
Hi Dianne!! Happy to see you found my blog!
ReplyDeleteHenry has been blind since birth...he came from Woodside. He's from some of the same lines as Faydi and Jack! Send me their pedigrees and I'll figure it out. Henry's muzzle reminds me A LOT of Faiths when she was a pupper.
And awwww for Jack for checking on Faydi!! I love that!!!!!
You know what, Colleen, I never have gotten their papers from Sandy. I know Faydi's mom was Ferrari, and their dad's are Dhominator and Khemosiba. Now, who's daddy is who's I can't remember, and I have no idea who Jack's momma is! I kinda figured that Henry was a Woodside. He looks A LOT like Faydi. I wish I had my car on the road and you could get to see your little baby girl, Faydi, again! I know you took care of her when she was at her worst. She's FINE now...and eight years old, can you believe it? If by chance one day you happen to be in Langley, you should stop by, really! Or come and get me for a weekend with my dogs, and I'll help you around Hunde Haus! I would absolutely LOVE that!!! You know where to find me!
ReplyDeleteDianne :-D Faydi and Jack :-*