September 07, 2008

Belgian Shepherd

Today at work I spotted what I thought was an elderly German Shepherd X . She was gorgeous! I went outside to ask if I could photograph her. Her guardian gleefully said yes, and told me she was an 11 year old Belgian Shepherd. She was recently shaved down because of the heat wave we endured a few weeks ago. Sweet sweet dog...



Isn't she pretty!!


Here's some of the hanging baskets of flowers at my work. The owner has a true green thumb.




A picture of the sky outside of work, approximately 4 pm. Looking east....


Looking west


Hmmm, now looking at the above photo, I can think of only one reason to be sad for moving from Vancouver. I can't see the sun set. I miss seeing it sink into the sea. It goes beyond the mountains here much much earlier.



4 comments:

  1. Aww that dog is gorgeous!

    It's funny,I moved to the Cariboo
    4 years ago(from the Coast( and I still feel discombobulated because I can't see a proper sunset!
    Isn't it weird??

    ReplyDelete
  2. That senior dog made my day. She made my heart smile...and so did her people. The lady went into the restaurant JUST to get her dog a bowl of ice cream. I LOVE it!!

    I do miss the sunsets on the coast. Very much. But I am more content in my surroundings now, than I have ever been.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love it when people treat their dogs so well! I bet that kept your heart light all day.
    We used to buy DQ cone for our dog,lol

    I'm finding the same thing too.
    Life is simpler and nicer away from
    all that. I finally feel like I fit in somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sunsets are a special treat for any nature lover. But from what I have seen, your surroundings are just mesmerizing. The vistas of nature that you have shared with us are beyond words. I would choose living in the wild over city anytime. But that's just me. Half-dog, half-human (I bark all the time LOL).

    So nice seeing your photo of a well-loved dog after spending two weeks trying to fight Greek cruelty.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and saying hi!

Hi back!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...