May 31, 2008

River Rising

This the town where I live. The bigger swath of river is the ( muddy ) Fraser River. That small swath on the bottom is the Coquihalla River. It is a clear crystal river, that is mostly snow runoff from the mountains. Normally the rivers run fairly calmly ( except through the Fraser Canyon, which is where alot of river-rafting is done ) but at this time of year with the snow runoffs, it is raging. And rising.


I went under the Alexandria Bridge yesterday and took a couple of video's and a few photos.






This is what we had to walk on to get to the other side. Gawd, every time I looked down I had a sensation of vertigo.



2 comments:

  1. Where is the viewpoint from which you took the top photo???? - Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, isn't that an awesome photo!

    I found it online, on a website about Hope. From there I traced it to an online photo site called pbase.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and saying hi!

Hi back!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...