June 09, 2008

Random Photos

Taken yesterday June 8th.

Frank


Watcher


This flower we came across on our walk was beautiful! I'd never seen it before....it was about 2-3 feet tall. Does anyone know what it is? Here's a photo of the bunch of them,and then a close up.



Sage in my garden.



Wild Rose


Chives


Oregano and a volunteer Dill!


Wild Garlic



8 comments:

  1. sorry I'm spanish and I don't speak english so good but where can I find the sidebar to traslate my blog? thanks

    Kiss from Madrid

    Javi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Javi,

    You can find the code for the translator here:

    Translator

    ReplyDelete
  3. The orange flower is columbine. It grows quite widely up there - from Hope through Princeton and also up through the canyon - at this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Jean!

    I spent near an hour googling trying to find out what it was. Do you happen to know a good site that has photos and blurbs about the wild plants that grow around here?

    It's really amazing this time of year here....always something new and beautiful for the eyes to feast on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, you are going to LOVE this site - it is all about biodiversity in BC and includes wonderful information, well organized, on plants, animals, etc.
    Prepare to spend the rest of today glued to your computer screen - LOL!!
    http://bcbiodiversity.homestead.com/home.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmm..it didn't show up as a link - I guess you'll have to copy and paste it in your browser - and add it to your favourites!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahahaha, I have now spent 2 hours ogling. Thanks,that's a fantastic site for our area!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is the first time I've visited your blog. Your photographs are beautiful. The river, your shepherds, the columbine - beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and saying hi!

Hi back!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...