
Ruger Donnelly
June 1, 2004 ~ January 11, 2008
Ruger, my sweet sweet loving boy passed away sometime in the am hours when I was sleeping.
He was his happy-go-lucky self, full of piss and vinegar, at bedtime.
This morning ( Jan,11th ) I knew something was wrong by the quietness. Not one dog wagged a tail, no one kissed me good morning, not one bark.
I suspect a neighbor, or the city, set out rat poison and Ruger, being full of prey drive, tracked down a dying rat.
He had a tissue sample removed and blood drawn, so I can know for a fact what caused his death.
He left me with a smile and a great image. I had bought all the guys an 8 inch raw bone yesterday. He had managed, over the evening, to carry them all to his bed area. He didn't devour them, he just stole them. That was soooo Ruger. *grin*
He was a brat, a bully, and an utter softie. He was the best hugger. Oh my gawd Ruger hugs good!! Every morning, while the other dogs ran out to pee, he hung back for a minute or two and we had * a moment *. Without fail, every morning. We said good morning, we hugged and I would kiss both sides of his incredibly soft face, and he would lick me so gently I could barely feel it. I'll miss those mornings forever.
If you know of anyone who sets out poison tell them to please please please stop,or if you yourself do, please please please stop. It's a horribly wicked painful way for any animal to die.
Wow, your dogs are so beautiful, and I'm so sorry for the loss of Ruger. I hope Jack's cancer isn't hurting all of you so much, that you can get through it, and everything turns out alright. We'll be keeping you and your dogs in our prayers.
ReplyDeleteWe miss you Ruger.
ReplyDeleteI miss you. You stole my heart my boy.