July 01, 2011

Happy Canada Day!

Hope had a Canada Day street party ( of sorts ) today. Face painting, food and beverage vendors, a Strongman competition, and a classic car show.

By the time I left home at noon, it was in full swing. For Hope. It was difficult to guesstimate how many were there as it was spread over several blocks. 1000 maybe? On the high side. :) 

IMG_5663

Look at all the pretty colors cool cars that I saw!

IMG_5661

IMG_5664

IMG_5666

IMG_5669

IMG_5691

IMG_5689

IMG_5688

IMG_5687

The STRONGMAN COMPETITION was through this throng of people, of which I did not want to go wading through. And they need to change the name of their org. as there were some bad ass looking females there.

IMG_5675

Do you see Smokey the Bear in the foreground of the last photo? One of the reasons I specifically went there today was, I kid you not, to have my photo taken with him. But by the time I circled around the block he was gone. *sad face*

IMG_5681

And for your listening pleasure….

 

 

 

I’m going to head down to the river after dinner. Mostly just to see what the water level is at.

Because one day it can be like this…

IMG_3463

and the next like this…

IMG_5230

Have a great long weekend!

Canada-flag

3 comments:

  1. Great photos Colleen Especially the one with the high waters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a lot of fun! Did you get your photo with Smokey? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Rob!

    Sadly Smokey was gone by the time I circled around. Boo Hoo!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and saying hi!

Hi back!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...