February 28, 2011

Photos are Taking Over my Computer!

I remember when I bought my first digital camera. I was overjoyed that I no longer had to trudge down to the store, hand the rolls in and extremely impatiently wait for them to be developed to see them. Life was easy peasy…all I had to do was insert the card in my computer and voila!. there they all were.

Well, the problem became in deciding which should stay, and which to delete. Last year I didn’t need to make that decision as my computer crashed and all of them were *poof* gone. I cried. Seriously wept because a lot of those photos and videos were of Jack. My heart dog. I cursed myself for not taking the precaution and putting them on dvd’s to sort out at a later date.

In between the weeping and wailing, I visited a friend’s blog and was ogling her gorgeous German Shepherds and realized that I was an idiot of the largest magnitude. I had put most of my favourite photos and a few videos of Jack right here, on my blog! And the remainder on Fliker and Photobucket. Yay! Oh I did lose some but those are forever implanted in my memory, they’re not going anywhere.

So if you have some favourite photos you want to hang onto, go put them on some dvd’s. Because I take so many photos I do that weekly, without fail. And still upload them to photo sites, just in case of whatever.That way there will be no weeping and wailing.

Anyway, as I was going through the videos on Photobucket I came across this one. It’s of my dogs at the time Watcher, Ticket, Frankie, a friends dog Bella ( the black Rotti X ) and Fargo ( my sisters dog a Lab X, ). I filmed a lot of videos that day but this one I remember distinctly because I was dog sitting Fargo for my sister for a month and boy did we have fun with her! Sweet sweet baby girl…I miss her!

Good times!

And because it’s so bitchin’ cold today I watched this one over and over! This was at Texas Lake, a super duper excellent swimming spot for the dogs…and humans! It’s about 20 minutes from home and I have absolutely no idea why but in the many many times we’ve gone, I’ve only ever seen 1 other party of people there. Weird!

K, I’m going to put a whack of this weeks photos on a dvd and watch The Adventures Of Tom Sawyer from 1938. Enjoy your evening!

2 comments:

  1. Sooooo beautiful! Your dogs are feasting in Puppy Heaven.You are providing such a wonderful life for them. That last video- why would nobody go there? I felt like swimming there as I was watching it. It's probably a blessing hardly anyone goes there. Enjoy your little sanctuary.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carbonite is my "back up friend".

    Anytime the computer is on & connected to the internet, the program scans for new or changed files & uploads them to an offsite, password protected server. If my hard drive blows up or is stolen or I leave it somewhere (increasingly possible these days as I'm losing stuff all the time), I can log into the server & download all my files again. The initial backup took almost a week LOL, but now it just backs up in minutes each day.

    Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and saying hi!

Hi back!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...