September 08, 2010

Coquihalla River

Facing north west...and standing in the middle of the almost dry ( in spots ) Coquihalla River



Facing south east exact same location



A Cricket camouflaged









Fall is officially here in the great white north!




We had a record run of some 30 million+ Sockeye Salmon up the Fraser River this year. I give thanks for my few fillets and enough canned to last me through till next year.




6 comments:

  1. It's weird,I hate,hate,hate,cooked salmon but will eat myself sick if it's raw. Yours looks so fresh and bright,I adore that colour.
    So great to have a good run this year,isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ewwwwww to raw salmon!! blech!!

    That salmon was about 6 hours fished from the river, the reason why it's so bright.

    I don't a whole lot with the canned salmon besides sandwiched, Once in a while I make patties out of them, with Chilliwack corn on the side. That's my dinner for this evening!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful scenery. Sometimes I wish I lived near the ocean, or at least, a big lake.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nancy, in all my 50 something years I have lived away from the mountains and ocean/rivers/lakes for about a year. I spent a year in Winterpeg. ( Winnipeg Manitoba ) I near died. Seriously. I could look out my top floor balcony and see....fuck all. Just more vastness.

    I can't imagine living permanently anywhere else.

    I am most happiest where I am ow, in Hope. It has everything in all directions, just minutes away. 'Cept the ocean , I have to drive 2 and a half hours to see that. But the tributary rivers, and lots of lakes are here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm happy for you, looks like you live in or close to paradise..what beautiful pictures..thanks for sharing...Did you catch the salmon yourself??? Love it!!! :-P

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've been busy, lady.
    That salmon looks amazing. I love salmon patties (with green onions) and hashbrowns, or potatoes.
    It's so cool about the salmon in abundance this year; so appreciated after the prior crappy runs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and saying hi!

Hi back!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...