I cringe when I hear those questions, because I know that when I tell them they are going to take a step back and have to think about it for a bit.
I'm living in the driveway of a home I used to own in a 5th wheel, the home is now owned by an ex. Dontcha' just love the ex's that you can still be friends with!
I was living on site at my last employment and when that went sour, it went putrid very very quickly. Arrangements had to be made swiftly. Like Zoom!!
A 31 foot 5th wheel trailer was purchased, towed to here, leveled, and me and my dogs plunked down and started our lives over again.
And I LOVE this new home!!! It has a big ass slide out in the living room/kitchen so that adds another 8 feet to the width. My bedroom has a queen sized bed ( and Watcher gives thanks daily for it because he's my bed hog ) I have a full bathroom, fully equipped kitchen, a dining area and a small living room. I do need to put up shelves for my favorite books and trinkets but other than that it is perfection. Hey, it beats living where we were by a million miles. This home has windows that stretch the whole way through, the last place had zero!
Think about that for a second. NO windows.
I had a nightlight at the last place, in this home I have no need because light from the moon and stars shines bright enough to show me the way. Very cool!
Good points:
- It's 2.5 times the amount of space
- WINDOWS
- The dogs only need to step down 3 steps and they are in their own backyard AND can come in or out at their own leisure
- We are close to any walking/hiking/swimming spots we'll ever need
- WINDOWS
- Fresh air....because of my windows!!!!
- I really truly love living in Hope
- Behind our home is a massive CPR railyard. 90% of which is un-used. An occasional train yep, but other than that the railyard also is used for walking the dogs. Or rather, they walk me!
- WIIIIIINDOWS!!!!!
- I can look out a window and see the Jays and other birds picking in the trees for bugs.
- I can watch raccoons quickly trot by at night from my steps.
- I can wake up and actually see real light from the sky
- My plants thank me for serious light
- My dogs are gloriously happy!!!!!!!!!!
My main man Jack and I many years ago. ( miss you daily babe )

Colleen, I've always felt that I didn't care where I lived, as long as I was happy and healthy. Good on you for your resiliency and ability to look on the bright side of things.
ReplyDeleteThanks Nancy!
ReplyDeleteTo be honest there are a few negatives, but aren't there always negatives? My positives far far outweigh those though!
My glass is ALWAYS half full!
Just visited your blog and I commend you for your having a positive outlook on things..and I love trailers, it sounds like your new home is very nice!!! And let's face it...dogs (we have three) are happy no matter where they are as long as it is with their owners!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks for your comments R Dean!
ReplyDeleteAnd that's very true about dogs. They would be fine anywhere as long as they were with me.
This a learning experience, this trailer. Black tanks and grey tanks was my first chore. oh yay. :))
But all in all, we are truly happy here.
I, too, would take "the moon" before the "nitelight" any day!
ReplyDeleteGosh, everyone needs a window to the world. Your new place sounds perfect.
Anonymous...it is perfect. Well, not perfect perfect, but perfect right now!
ReplyDelete