February 03, 2009

Fostering Canines

I've been going through some old photo folders. I had no idea I had taken so many! Ah well, it's almost impossible for me to delete any photos of my dogs, or family, or friends....so they are all on cd now. Safe and sound. Never will they go into cyberworld if my pc crashes.

But, going through the folders can be fun! Soooo many photos I forgot I had taken, or were sent from family members. Much fun!

Here's a puppy, Jade, who I fostered till her people found her and adopted her. Pitty x, 2 months old, who ruled the roost while she was with us. What a freaking riot she was!!


I am the RULER!! You shall obey me!!


Ummmm, no.


Silly silly boy dog....chicks rule!





Watcher was pretty sure that I had brought Jade home for him.
He quite simply adored her, and was terribly distraught when she left.

Till Sean came along! 5 month old Lab, who again, ruled the roost. My guys were no match for his 24-7 exuberance. They did try though!


BARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARK!!!!

Puuuleeeeeze make him shuuuut up!

Sean loved his squeaky toys.

Meeting his "Mom" for the first time.

And the rest of his new pack, his kids.


And this is Leah. 5 month old German Shepherd. She was almost my first failing at fostering.




Understandable why I almost failed right?

I think I have fostered over a dozen dogs now. Well, mostly pups actually. There is a shortage for foster homes for the younger ones. I always prefer them though! They bring alot of excitement into this house with them. My heart has never been broken when they go though, even though I do indeed love them. My house was just a "way station" of sorts, till their rightful families came along.

Hey, if you have some room in your house and heart, think about fostering for your local Animal Control/Pound/SPCA or private rescues. If you don't have the room in your house, but do in your heart, here's a link to 100 Ways to Help a Rescue/Shelter dog/cat

3 comments:

  1. I'm quite certain that had I been you, I would still have all three of those foster kids. Those faces!!! Jade's just kills me.
    I once fostered two 6-week old kittens and though they were only with me for a month or so before they were adopted I BAWLED when they left. It amazes me how quickly all of these furballs set up camp in our hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless you for fostering. I don't think I would be able to give them up either, as AZ Colleen stated. I wish I had more time for that sort of thing -- maybe down the road when things aren't so crazy around here. Great post, as usual. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every damn one of them made me sob when they left. Leah, and a senior dog most assuredly made me wail like I had lost a limb.

    But,they all found the perfect home, and I made room for another one that needed a place to stop for a bit.

    I failed at fostering with Ruger ( who passed away last Jan. ) and now have 3 dogs, so not a lot of space to foster anymore. I could manage to do it for a week or so, but no more long terms.

    It's very good for the soul.

    Thanks for the comments ladies!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and saying hi!

Hi back!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...