Then when it melted and I went to scoop poop, it was frozen solid. Not pretty.
It snowed some more, and made me forget about the shit underneath.
And then we had torrential winds. Those winds blew a lot of branches and leaves off. Then, more snow.
Here's the shitty part. ( aren't I clever??!!! ) There was a layer of shit, a layer of leaves/twigs/braches, then another layer of shit and.....well you get it.
Since no one lives behind me, I wheel barreled 14 katrillion loads around and tipped the loads underneath some Cherry trees. Sour cherries and only the birds eat them, but fertilizer none the less.
Not everything in my garden survived. My Rosemary crapped out.
But my Sage pulled through the cold spells just dandy!
And the Lavender
Chocolate Mint too!
Thyme always seems to pull it off
And! Oooh! Ooooh! LOOK! Wee Snow Drops seeing the light!
And a few small Chives!
Day Lilies popping up. They get soooo pretty!
Watcher! Are ya' comfy on
Well.....Yes I am! Thanks for askin'!
Ticket's off leash Heeling went okay yesterday. Actually, pretty damn good! She is a much more serious learner than Watcher and Frankie. I wonder if it is because she is a female...are they more studious than male dogs? She's the first female canine who's owned me so I have no reference personally.
And it's odd, because she gravitates towards the light colored toys. The boys go for the darker colors. I wonder if there has ever been a study done? ( hey, if they can do studies about why different cigarette ashes are darker than others, they could do one about dogs and colors! )
Ticket and her pink squeakie
Frank say hi too....

It's just after noon here right now. Going to make a cuppa tea ( Red Rose dahling....remember that commercial? ) , then shove us all in the van and make our way down to the river. Hope you all have a wonderful day!
OOh Frank I love your ears!
ReplyDeleteYou are such a fine,fine boy.
Goopy dog shit when things start to melt is so gross,heheh,good thing my kids were the ones who
had to clean it;p
And you've(well it was actually Watcher) convinced me that my Beans
really was a Rotti/German Shepherd
Cross. She had those same slender feet Watcher has,in the first doggie photo.
I'm happy for you,that you've got green stuff popping up!
Chocolate mint? If I didn't have such a black thumb, I'd give that a shot!
ReplyDeleteMs L...Frank, I am sure, because he is a very polite boy would say " why thank you for the compliment, you have nice ears too!"
ReplyDeleteHmmm,I never really thought about Watcher having slender feet. I compared them to the other two and I think it's the photo. You know how some photos slim us down? LMFAO!!!!
No, actually, Watcher is a slim trim dog. Very sleek. He has this *horsey* head and neck. Not a good representation of a German Shepherd Dog. His breeder thought to mess around with genetics is a cool thing, and his line carries those attributes, along with Bloat. He was also raging with epilepsy ( cluster seizures ) when I brought him home. We have that under control now though.
AZ Colleen....ANY black thumb can grow Mints. Plant it,and it shall grow. Careful though, the fuckers are invasive, best to grow them in a pot or the roots will take over. I like to put the Mints like my Chocolate, Pineapple, Spearmints by the back door so when the dogs whip by the scent carries. Ooooh heavenly!! ( but keep them up on another overturned pot or something, because with male dogs the pots become a place to target pee...the bastards! )
OMG'sh, I laughed until I couldn't breath! Just too funny about the poop! Thanks for the humor
ReplyDelete