June 11, 2008

Coquihalla River Oasis


Kelsey showed the dogs and I an excellent spot for river swimming about 25 minutes away. I thought I had found a couple of great spots, but this was simply an oasis in the middle of the raging Coquihalla River.

We drove off the highway on a dirt path for a few minutes, stopped the Van, walked into the bush for 30 seconds and I saw this ( and no camera can do this spot justice )


Look how freakin' calm and blue the river is!!




Watcher waiting for a stick to be thrown...


SCORE!


Ummm, is that the stick?


We got fun now!






About 100 yards away, and around a corner the same river was like this...


Frank




2 comments:

  1. Okay, that's it....the dogs and I are coming to visit you the first non-rainy day that we both have free!!!
    I wanna know where that spot is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For sure! Come on up!

    It's really hard to make out in the photos but there is a small waterfall coming down on the rocks behind the blue water. Just a lovely spot.

    Not too sure how it would look now though. ( the photos were taken a few weeks ago ) The river is moving pretty fast. Hmmm, I might just take the dogs up there after dinner and see....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and saying hi!

Hi back!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...