My brother and sil are moving back this way from Winnipeg. They’ll be a scant 2 hours away up country…oh lawdy lawdy the drive there is stunning. All mountains and trees, I will be in my element.
I was going through some clippings and misc. papers I’d hoarded saved through the years. This is one of my all time favorites…
I had an interesting conversation with an acquaintance a week ago. The subject reminded me of film noir meets the 3 stooges wrapped into one dumbass package. And it brought around to mind just why I chose to separate myself from specific people and groups . So to anyone who believes things, without concrete proof, and not simply because you’d prefer to believe it, I give you the following:
and they also get this next one…because…well…it fits!
and this one too!
The days are shorter, the humidity has dropped, there’s a really lovely crispness happening all over…I warmly welcome Fall!
Fir and Cedar rusty and gnarly
The colors, the easier to breathe air, the lovely smells wafting up from 6 inches of leaves on our mountain walks, the hoodies and sweaters and thick puffy socks, flannel bedding with wool blankies on top, oh my yes! I welcome Fall!
The other day I went down to the river by myself to sit, think and ogle the mountains. I was sitting far back in the trees when these boys pulled up and set up a fireworks display way out on the rocky dry river bed. Totally ruined the peace and quiet but it was a welcome interlude. After they were done they picked up all their debris and drove away. Love seeing young people being responsible for their messes!
These beautiful colors are courtesy of Chrissy’s hanging basket…love these bright colors right now!
I’m mentally gearing up for tomorrow. I’m going to be going through all my books and knick knacks and just general *stuff* and dumping what doesn’t make my heart go pitter patter in 2 seconds. I seem to accumulate so much I have to purge twice a year!
Hope you are having a wonderful day!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by and saying hi!
Hi back!