July 17, 2011

Dogless on a dog stroll..

A few days ago Kelsie and I drove just a few minutes out of town to a great dog stroll area I recently came across. Apparently, when she was a kid her parents took her camping there!

It was a quick walk before she began work so we could see what flowers are blooming now, so the dogs stayed at home. And boy did they lay on the guilt when I got back. Mopey faces, lottsa’ whining and snivelling. It was sad and pitiful.
Back to the walk…

The Salmonberry Tale
First there were two...then one...then none.
The End.


The only bad thing I can say about Salmonberries is that they are small and go down the gullet too quickly.


Huckleberries!
Here’s a memory of Huckleberries; North Vancouver, specifically Seymour Mountain when it was mostly bush, 8 years old. Instead of walking on the road to go to/from school I would take a shortcut through the woods. Walking across log bridges to cross the creek and eating handful after handful of Huckleberries. Ahhhh yes, good times.  :)
 

Same thing goes for these little beauties though; too small and disappear too fast.

Spirea


Foxglove
If I hadn’t bent over to scratch an itch *shakes fist at mosquitoes* we wouldn’t have seen this Foxglove. There was only one, how weird is that??? and it was bent over and under another plants leaves. The rain had beaten it down.


Wild Strawberry

Go West young woman!

or East...whatever.


Cement Art


Natural gas pipeline completely effing up the view.


A teensy bit of vertigo happening!


The Lupine’s are dying out, but the Daisy’s are flourishing.

A young Heart Rock.

Camping spot! Even I, a complete anti-campinginatent type of spoiled human, would enjoy pitchin’ a tent here! ( only for one night though )
IMG_5836 

A bouquet of Daisies.

It’s supposed to stop raining by late morning today. I hope so, as I have plans with a dear friend  to do outdoor stuff! Here's hoping we all have a fantastic day!

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous photographs. What a nice walk. I agree about the camping site. Perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Nancy! The only bad thing about that spot is the train tracks about 200 yards away. I could imagine the ground under the sleeping bags shaking! But still, a really lovely area to camp for the night.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and saying hi!

Hi back!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...