I was surfing one day and came across a web site that has to do with heart rocks. They were requesting other people’s stories of their own heart rocks, so I obliged by sending them my story of the first heart rocks I happened across. You can read it here at THE HEART ROCK COLLECTIVE
Daylight Savings began today.
An extra hour of daylight….well thanks! Who can’t use an extra hour of light? After the short and sometimes grey days of winter, this is a welcome change. I’m taking full advantage of the extra hour this spring. A fence and a long narrow garden box need to be built, a whack of scrub and 3 trees need to be eradicated, and a fair amount of tree branches need to be trimmed. Sounds great to me! The best thing is that I can do it at my leisure. It doesn’t all need to be done in a day…although I would love it to happen like that!
Made the last batch of winter suet for the birds yesterday.
This little guy got caught with a mouthful of suet, he looks angry!
The snow is basically all gone now, the grubs are plentiful. I found that out yesterday moving a chunk of fallen tree….they came skittering out. *shudder* I’ll keep putting out the dry commercial bird seed mixed with black oil sunflower seeds for another month or so. Then it’s over for those beggars, and onto cleaning out Hummingbird feeders. I forgot one hanging off a branch this past winter…it froze and cracked in a billion pieces. I never seem to come across them in thrift shops or garage sales, so I’ll keep my eyes peeled for a decent one on sale.
These videos cracked me up. Hope you get a few giggles too!



The birds here are still busy, but now they have the chickens cleaning up after them underneath the feeders.
ReplyDeleteLots of robins have arrived and I'm hoping for some warmer weather this week.
Have a great Sunday, Colleen. :)
Those little birds must love your special gourmet mix!
ReplyDeleteLiked the 1st vid with the dental check-up :-D
Check out "Jessica the Hippo" on You Tube. It is priceless.
Kim