March 06, 2011

Me, Myself and I. Oh, and Weird.

I was a cruel dog owner yesterday. I went for a walk without them.

Drove about 20 minutes and arrived at Cheam Lake Wetlands , the big wet spot in the photo below.


View Larger Map

Here is a link to a pdf listing the various birds  and other wildlife that can be found there: Birds etc

Here's what was weird. I walked about a mile in all directions, and didn't see one effin' bird! Not a Junco, not a Jay......not even a crow for gawd's sake. How could that be?? It's a bird sanctuary! I did see the evidence of some busy Beaver though!













Look at this group of boulders



The biggest heart rock I've found!





And a panorama of the NE corner of the marsh. And a lesson to me...move my camera up to get the tops of the mountains too. doh.



As much as I covet my me time, I always feel wicked for leaving the dogs home. But, no canines allowed in this gorgeous place. Plus, hey, it was one of those rare times I could turn the volume control to the nth degree, swaying and rockin' to Stevie. Played this tune full blast all the way there:



and on the way home...damn, Jimmy plays a beautiful guitar:


2 comments:

  1. Looks like it was a very pretty place to hike...BC looks sooooo pretty!!! Too bad about not seeing any birds..."maybe" your bird calls were off key ;-)

    Hope the pups have forgiven you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bob! It was a great walk. Very quiet, I was the only one there for the couple hours it takes to walk around ( and stop and take photos ) the entire place.

    Yes, the pups have forgiven me. :) I took them out to the wide open spaces of a gravel pit. One of their favorite places.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and saying hi!

Hi back!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...