I do believe I have reached my peak of frustration. As far as things go at least.
The furnace crapped out and went to furnace hell a couple of weeks ago. Replacing a whack of parts cost more than I can speak about without wincing. Borrowed money to fix it. Oh freaking lovely. More money to pay back. 2 days ago it blew cold air…called the same repair guy, he came and said a wire was loose. Fixed it, at no charge of course. It blew me hot air wonderfully until last night. Called the guy, he is mystified and will try and get out this evening. Say whaaaat??? You’ll try and get out this evening?? Buddy…we are in the minus’ here! Thankfully I have small portable heaters or I would be livid. Well, more livid than I already am. When he does show up I might just tell him to take out the parts and return them.
What with the cost of the propane ( including the cost of the rental for the 300 lb tank ) and these screw ups, I might do better with a larger portable heater. It would bloody cost less than this damn thing has.
I watched Tom Sawyer, circa 1938 the other night. Except for the whipping on the heads a couple of cows received, the embarrassing 'Massa this and Massa that from Aunt Polly's slave and the also embarrassing portrayal of the Aboriginal, Injun Joe, it was pretty good! My favourite line was “One thing about being a pirate, ain’t no one gonna make you wash your feet”.
Tonight’s film will be Citizen Kane. I’m becoming hooked on these older films I have never seen!
Hope you’re having a fantastic Wednesday!
I have seen Citizen Kane, but not that version of Tom Sawyer. I like the old movies too -- fun to watch.
ReplyDeleteGosh, I hope you get your heater situation resolved. Brrrr!
Tom Sawyer was pretty good! I laughed a few times at Tom and the girl he crushes on, Becky Thatcher. Cute! Let me know if you ever see it...there's a couple of lines in it that I know you'll crack up at. :))
ReplyDeleteHe took the blasted dang gum heater and will be bringing it back tomorrow. It has one more shot to behave and then that's it. I give up.