December 14, 2010

Puppy goes bye bye

I don't have a puppy anymore.











He's a big boy now, a Dog.

It seems that at some point between last weekend and this morning, Henry grew up.

He can center himself on his bed, and sadly, mine as well. He lifted his lip and let out a low growl when Ticket went near his bone. ( while I silently cheered on his confidence I nipped that in the bud. I don't allow arguments over bones here! ) He's acquired the smarts and patience to keep at the milkbone biscuit ball to get all the cookies. He no longer needs his harness on to feel comfortable going down the stairs. And he has learned to wait quietly for his dinner and treats. K, that last line is a big fat lie. I just wish he would. :)

Almost as tall as Watcher!




The day started out with that bloody rain falling again. Then something wonderful happened....snowflakes fell! HUGE ones.

Photobucket


And I imagined a day of this

Photobucket


But within 10 minutes that freakin' rain started hammering down again.

I hope it's snowing where you are! Well, I mean, if you want snow that is.

5 comments:

  1. The moment when one realizes the baby is no longer a baby is a bittersweet one indeed - we're so proud of their accomplishments and so sad to say goodbye to the cuteness of the very young.
    Ahh.... but Henry knew it was time to be a big dog, 'cuz you'll soon have another baby around to ooh and ahh over and he'll be - um - an uncle!!!
    Way to go Henry - you're a big boy now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww. I have a feeling there's still a bit of puppy left in Henry. Buck is sometimes a little puppy in a big dog's body -- more often than not. But that's what I love about him.

    Sorry your snow turned to rain. Never fear, I'm sure you will get some of your snow dear. Patience! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jean, you made me remember my Jack who passed a few years ago. I use to tease Kelly and call Jack his little brother. Kelly would roll his eyes. And now...* hehehe*... I can bug him about Uncles Watcher and Henry and Aunt Ticket. LOL!

    Nancy, you're right on when you say there's still a little bit of puppy left in Henry. Actually, there probably always will be. From what I have learned from others who have raised pups who were born blind is that they will almost never have the same emotional and mental maturity level as those with sight. Time will tell!

    As for the snow, I am very impatiently waiting. Tick effing tock.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, we sure have snow! Wish I could send you some.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anita, if you aren't toooo far away, I'll come and get it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and saying hi!

Hi back!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...