Henry's first trip in to get a drink was a disaster. I heard him in their drinking and then heard what sounded like a dozen dogs in with him thrashing and crashing against the walls and flattened boxes. I run to go see wtf is going on and see him caught between the tub and the boxes. He had tried to turn around in an area that no other dog would attempt. I got him turned around and told him he was silly when it was so easy to just back up as the other dogs did!
A couple hours later and he is again thrashing and crashing and stuck. It was then that I realized he doesn't know how to back up! There was never a problem where he needed to. I made sure that where we lived he had open spaces. Nothing for him to crash into.
Crap man, it was hard enough teaching him stairs, now I have to teach him to back up!
My cousin Denny, who's blog is Running With Safety Scissors is taking me to see Kris Kristofferson tonight!!! Front row seats....I may just pass out from delirious glee when he walks on stage. I can now cross seeing him off my Bucket List!


Enjoy the show mom!
ReplyDeleteOh, I will babe!
ReplyDeleteOhhh...poor Henry...got to get the bearings down!!!
ReplyDeleteDoes KK still look like that??? Isn't he like...70 something now???
Front row seats are awesome regardless of who the artist is...wow...I hope you enjoy the show...I saw his budd Willie Nelson "30" years ago and he rocked!!! ;-)
Hahaha...everyone says, ohhhh poor Henry. I tell you, when I had the option of taking him I had to sit and think on it for a couple days.
ReplyDeleteA blind puppy??? I was pretty damn sure this was going to be trouble.
I looked at the outdoor yard and basically got down on hands and knees to figure out where I should cut shrubs, what stuff needs to vamoose, etc. I was VERY nervous.
Sometime within a few hours of his being here I relaxed. Even at the tender age of 9 weeks, he was pretty freaking cool. He picks up the vibrations...and goes in a other direction.
I do say "careful" when I see he MAY bump into something and he knows that word and carefully treads forwards. He knows that word and heeds it.
Kris looks like Kris. Older, and wiser, his hair has grayed....but my gosh, still a wicked handsome man with a devilish spark in his eye.
He was FANTASTIC. Photos tomorrow!
The last guy from that pack I really want to see is Waylon. Saw Johnny and his daughter Roseanne about 15 years ago. *swoon*
So happy you and your cousin got to spend some time together and see such a great artist. How fun!
ReplyDeleteThe evening was perfect! Great company and great entertainment.
ReplyDelete