It has been raining for several
The video above and this next photo were the only pictures I took while out walking. I was scared to death of my precious camera getting wet and ruined.
Ticket is our resident coyote shitsniffer. She can find it anywhere. ( too much information? )
I took a back road home and came across these roads into the bush....gawd I would have loved to have turned down them and found out what was at the end! But, it was pissing down with rain, I was the only human, and am freaked about being stuck in the bush....where cell phones do not function. So I cataloged them in my brain and will drag a friend with me next time.
View of the Cascade Mountains on the way home
A 2 mile long stretch of billboards. I despise these scenery stealing, mind fucking flammable trashy advertisements.
But what made me laugh at the absurdity of it all was this one in the middle. An advertisement telling you who to contact for advertising. ( good gawd man, that info is written on every damn one! ) And it's the ugliest to boot.
Driving through town to pick up the mail and a few places caught my eye.....
Isn't this driftwood fence and fort cool! I want one!!
This little purple house ( someday I'll have a purple house too! ) nestled amongst the big Firs always looks so comfy...
This next house, and all it's trimmings, blows my mind every time I pass it. There was so much goofy/kitchy stuff all over the damn place, including the lawn and in the trees I could have taken well over 50 photos just at this next house. But I felt kinda funny sitting outside people's houses taking photos....
I bet the people that live in this house are a riot! Very cool. I left the photos large so you could get a good eyeful.
Great Pics!!
ReplyDeleteI'll see if I can't send some AZ heat & sun up your way... It was around 90 yesterday and way too freakin hot for March. I was stuck at home sick and the INSIDE of the house reached 84 (I think the builders used a single sheet of newspaper and called it insulation). I also live in one of those cookie-cutter home subdivisions where every road leads only to another series of houses that look exactly like mine. And while some of them display all kinds of knick-knacks (?sp) in their yards you can only see so many 3-foot iron geckos and rattlesnakes before they are just no longer charming.
ReplyDeleteOoh, sorry about using your blog to bitch... Can I blame it on the flu? :)
Oh Colleen, pleeeeze send the sun and warmth....we need to dry out.
ReplyDeleteHa! The flu is good to blame for near anything! ( sorry you're not feeling well, and the heat on top? Blech! )
I know what you mean about those iron lawn ornaments, I believe there are pockets of them (people that love it )all over the world. It reminded me of all the people on Vancouver Island who have driftwood fences, but here it is a rarity. When I used to live on the Island I would wonder no-one had any original thought patterns....
Hmmm, I don't believe I have any iron ornaments in my yard, but I do have some garden ornaments. One is a life size raccoon that scares the begeezuz out of my Mom...every time...so that stays. And a stupid ugly frog that is holding a sign that says "Grow Damitt!" Just sooo tacky it was a must have at a garage sale.
Feel better soon!!!
Hi Chef! And thanks very much!
Oh they are such beautiful dogs.
ReplyDeleteWell, now, you know we need the rain and it is Spring. It's good for the farmers... haha.
ReplyDeleteYou wipe off your dogs? Never thought of that. Maybe that's why my house looks like the Oregon Trail.
Hubs likes utilizing old pieces of junk as "lawn ornaments." Someday we'll have a huge sale.
Have a great Sunday!
:Snicker:,I love your anger at the rain,I feel the same way about SNOW,UGH!
ReplyDeleteIt does look lush and green there though. Great video,it's neat to see the dogs in action! I love their sturdy bodies as they poke around and do their doggie things.
I spent a month on Vancouver Island (Qualicum Beach) and 15 years later Nanaimo bars are still a guilty pleasure of mine! I watched The Holiday last night and thought that if I could swing a house swap for a week or two for holiday that I would love to swap with you. I would get my fix for a climate and area that actually had some variation and you could dry out & warm up. Sucks that this whole damn "being a grown up" (i.e. morgtage, taxes, bills, etc...) crap gets in the way.
ReplyDeleteThanks Jonna! You had Shepherds at one time didn't you say?
ReplyDeleteSnow, it's a quick wipe across their bellies and down thier legs. I don't do the foot thing. My floors will be several shades of filth till we have more days of sun and warmth. Rain is only good for growing things. And damping out forest fires.
Lael, most of the fields around here do look lush and green,I wonder if that's all the fertilizers they consistently use? Also we are waaay warmer down here than you are waaay up there. ( sorry for you! )
Colleen, Qualicum Beach and the area is beautiful. Not many parts of the Island are not actually! What did you do there for that month? I saw "Holiday" too...I will switch with you!!! And you would come home to a "no iron lawn ornament" neighborhood! And while you're here, could you grow me a new lawn???
I was there doing show promotion and arranging for host families for the performance group I was travelling with.
ReplyDeleteI don't think I can grow you a new lawn but I can sure as heck Photoshop you one. :)
Colleen, you're the one that got me BACK into Photoshop! I bought it a bit ago and dropped the ball. But looking at your before and after shots has me learning it again!
ReplyDeleteThis is fun!!