A brand spankin' new era.....I love it. He may be the U.S. president, but he's universal.

Wow, just a short bit ago it looked like this outside
Right up to the dogs' belly's, and in some spots their heads were barely visible. It was more fun than a barrel full of monkeys!! ( Not that I have experienced that reference, but one can imagine. Ha!)The snow has vanished for the most part and soon the torrential rains will come. Then Spring, then Summer!
I have poured over my Winter bible, my paper copy of West Coast Seeds for the past month and made my selections. For the 'maters it will be the standby Big Beef, Oregon Spring, Sweet Million and for something new, Black Krim. They are supposed to have a smokey flavour so they are probably delicious. * snarf snarf *. Also picked out some Beets, Sweet Peppers and some hot ones, and Peas. My Herb garden is well established so the only new Herb will be Purple and Green Basil. And I always collect the seeds from my flowers so no expense there. Although I think I will buy a whack more of Sweet Pea seeds, and a new one called Blue Danube, isn't it pretty!

Kelly loaned me his copy of Confessions Of An Economic Hit Man Very interesting stuff....Here's a blurb, "Economic Hit men are highly paid professionals who cheat countries around the globe out of trillions of dollars. Their tools include fraudulent financial reports, rigged elections, payoffs, extortion, sex, and murder. They play a game as old as Empire but one that has taken on terrifying dimensions during this time of globalization."
Sounds like a movie, but it's all too real.
Speaking of movies, I watched Gran Torino last night. Excellent film! And The Wrestler a few nights ago. Mickey Rourke was perfectly cast....I really enjoyed that one.
A friend was telling me about a spot along the Fraser River close by, that has a huge beach stretch where the dog's could really fly so I'll be heading there tomorrow. I love finding new places for my dogs!
Love, love, love the new blog design. Beautiful. I hope you had "fun" re-doing it. ;)
ReplyDeleteWe've been busy getting estimates on a chimney liner. I think my blog post will be about that today.
Just wanted to stop in and let you know I'm still alive. Look forward to more redecorating on your blog. It's outstanding.
Pretty new look,it's so fresh!
ReplyDeleteI spent the whole day in front of the TV yesterday. I was fighting back tears like a dork;p
Your snow is amazing! I don't think we even have that much.
I like watching dogs in snow.
Especially when they come up with bits of it on their noses.
My kid saw Gran Torino and echoed your praise too.
Thanks for the compliments on the new look ladies!
ReplyDeleteI'm going to try my hand and make my own though. I have a basic idea,now I have to put it down on paint shop and see how it all looks. I really want a 3 column though......
Ms L...a dork?? NEVAAAAA!!!!