Oh I watched this the other day, crying my eyes out. Even more so, for all those people driving by, totally indifferent to the poor dog's misfortune. And then read the comments, where people were generally shocked, stunned and overwhelmed with this unfeigned gesture of altruism. But then, as usual, there were some douchebags, who have surpassed the levels of jerk and asshole, which simply saw this as a hungry stray dog fetching his dinner (they probably suspected that by the gentle gestures of the dog trying to save his severely injured buddy)???!!! and couldn't understand what all the fuss was about when humans are the only compassionate beings on the planet ??!!!! I was pissed off with the amount of people who claimed this. Same sort of people who would run down another living being and keep on driving (I guess they have never seen this --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0t4wWGH51-A )
Although to many dog (or animal) owners this does not come as surprise, I sincerely pity those who have not had the opportunity or will to perceive and experience that dogs are some of the most loyal friends a being could have. I've always believed that animals are capable of altruistic behavior--the one thing that humans alone are supposed to have...
Oh I watched this the other day, crying my eyes out. Even more so, for all those people driving by, totally indifferent to the poor dog's misfortune. And then read the comments, where people were generally shocked, stunned and overwhelmed with this unfeigned gesture of altruism. But then, as usual, there were some douchebags, who have surpassed the levels of jerk and asshole, which simply saw this as a hungry stray dog fetching his dinner (they probably suspected that by the gentle gestures of the dog trying to save his severely injured buddy)???!!! and couldn't understand what all the fuss was about when humans are the only compassionate beings on the planet ??!!!! I was pissed off with the amount of people who claimed this. Same sort of people who would run down another living being and keep on driving (I guess they have never seen this --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0t4wWGH51-A )
ReplyDeleteAlthough to many dog (or animal) owners this does not come as surprise, I sincerely pity those who have not had the opportunity or will to perceive and experience that dogs are some of the most loyal friends a being could have. I've always believed that animals are capable of altruistic behavior--the one thing that humans alone are supposed to have...