September 04, 2008

The P.N.E. and Stanley Park

I went to the P.N.E. with a co-worker last week. I went on one ride, the roller coaster. It is a wooden coaster built in 1958. It is a must for me to ride on whenever I have the opportunity. After the first big hill it climbs it all operates from gravity. I LOVE it!! Here's a youtube video about it:




And some photos from that day.




The midway ( or...suckers lane hehehe )


Then I went into the Agricultural building. I really shouldn't have though....it upsets me each and every time. It contains all the baby animals, and 4H animals.

Calves that were 10 days old....shouldn't they be suckling Mom, being frisky, and investigating life?? Not stuck in some pen being touched and poked at by the human animal.


Boer goats...babies




Llama's


Does the human animal really truly STILL need to view and man-handle other animal species to make them happy? I suppose so.

There were hundreds of cute baby chicks there, and ducklings. The kids and adults ogle and stroke them, and remark how cute and soft they are. There should be an entrance fee.

An entrance fee that is a video of how they truly live, and how they are incredibly inhumanely slaughtered/murdered for the human animal gullet to digest.

Let me explain, and back track a bit. I spent some time at an animal sanctuary, S.A.I.N.T.S. , where I met a frightened pink baby pig ( the kind that some eat ) that came from an S.P.C.A. . Then a short time later came a calf, that was destined for the dinner plate as well.

They were babies. Infants. Ripped away from their mothers and herds. Did you know that pigs and cows cry when upset? They are sentient beings ( along with canines, felines, equines etc etc etc ) that feel anguish, pain, love, compassion....all the same emotions and feelings that the human animal feels.

Anyway, upon my first meeting with Ellie ( the pig ), and Percy ( the calf ) almost 2 years ago, and looking into their eyes, I have not eaten pork or beef. I am slowly weaning myself from chicken and fish, and I hope to be vegan soon.
I really thought I would miss eating my favorite meal.....roast beef, but nope!

Now onto our drive through Stanley Park

Totem poles, which you can learn more about by going HERE




The Inner Harbor which separates Stanley Park from the concrete jungle known as Vancouver


A horse drawn carriage


This horse is soooo loving his *job*. NOT.


The "Lady In A Wetsuit" is a life sized bronze statue that sits on a 10 foot tall rock. If you look closely you can see a gull keeping her company.


The Lady In A Wetsuit, a freighter, and a fisherman with North Vancouver behind them


Harry Winston Jerome statue



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and saying hi!

Hi back!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...