March 31, 2008

A Smidge Of Heaven in Yale

Chrissy ( the fisherwoman ) told me about an excellent place to take the dogs, as well as it being one of the most gorgeous spots around here. And on both accounts she was dead on.

I took a few photos of the landscape, but it was pointless really. Photos do not do this spot justice, at all.You have to actually be there in body to understand. I just stood in one spot, with my jaw hanging down, amazed at the natural beauty of it all.

Yale, which is about 15 miles north of me, is the smidge of heaven. That little district is steeped in gold rush history. I will definitely become a regular where we were yesterday, and there are hordes of other spots, including forestry roads, where the dogs and I will be adventuring.

And a few photos from yesterday.....









4 comments:

  1. That is an absolutely awesome picture! We have some really wonderful views in Oregon, too...but every time I take a picture, it just doesn't capture the magnificence. Is it me or the camera? Thanks for stopping by and joining in my general complaining about mother nature...supposed to be sunny here today, too...we will see!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I had my jaw dropped watching your photos. Stunning landscape. With a scenery like that, no camera could go wrong. But I guess nothing would do it justice apart from being there in person and feeling this beauty with all your senses. Just wonderful. Your dogs are a lucky bunch of furballs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, those views are stunning! I shall bring Sadie, Charley and Belle for a daytrip and show you one of my favourite trails just before Yale, which has similar views and (when the river is not too high) wide sandy beaches with no one there! (May even be the same place, but the view looks a wee bit different from the place I go).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Btw there's an award waiting for you @ my place.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and saying hi!

Hi back!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...