October 13, 2010

Hometown Hero ( and stuff )

There once was an old man. He saw a mess and cleaned it up.

That's the gist of the story that you can read here: Hometown Hero

I keep looking at Henry's crate. It looms large and is a monster in this small space. He doesn't use it at night anymore, because he's a big boy and can hold *it* till the a.m. But, I still have to have him in it when I run errands. It's not that I don't trust him, it's that I don't trust Watcher.

You see, while Henry thinks Watcher is *God* and is to die for, Watcher at times, looks at Henry like he should just die.

Henry, when in puppy play mode always seeks out Ticket. They wrestle, toss each other around, snarl, gnash teeth....it's a blast to watch them! But in the midst of all the intense play sometimes Henry loses scent of Ticket and just smashes into the first hairy thing he meets. Immediately Henry senses it's Watcher and goes into his whole "I'm sorry Watcher...I'm sorry Watcher" routine.

The routine is no different than any other pup that is displaying submissiveness. He crouches down to make himself appear as small as possible, all the while tentatively licking at Watcher's face, and generally just pissing Watcher off. Watcher lifts his lip to warn him off, but being blind, Henry just continues with the whole submissive act. Then it progresses. Watcher again does his Elvis lip impersonation with an added deep chested from the bowels of hell growl. It's a soft growl so I don't worry yet.

Most pups being able to see as well as hear all the warning signs would leave. But since Henry can't see the Elvis lip, and can only hear the growl it makes him want to smooth the situation. And so the dance of death intensifies. He keeps licking at Watcher, trying to climb on him, but all the while also trying to make himself as small as he can so as to be non threatening. Watcher growls deeper, Henry licks faster. Watcher grows more angry with each lick.

But still I do nothing. Not until I see Watcher make the real ugly face

I call softly to Henry and he makes a bee line for me. With the biggest shit eatin' grin on his face each time. He thinks he has just made wonderful friends with Watcher. He has no clue of the real situation.

I trusted Watcher one time to deal with it himself and he put 2 tiny puncture holes in Henrys noggin. Nothing to go to the Vet about, but it made me realize that Watcher can't control how far he can go with Henry. If Ticket gets pissed off with Henry she just envelopes his scrawny head in her large mouth and squeezes ever so gently but with enough force to cause him a small amount of pain. Henry *get* that doggy speak and fucks off.

If Watcher could learn that that is all it takes I could get this monstrosity outta' here!

*sigh* I guess the crate will stay where it is.

Here's a video I took of my crew a few months back.


3 comments:

  1. Great video...your pups are beautiful!!! How did Henry lose his sight?

    R Dean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!

    Henry was born without vision. He easily makes my heart stop when he is racing full force towards Ticket and then just barely misses a tree or a wall or or or.....

    But he gets around the same as blind people. Everything....rocks, trees, buildings etc gives off vibrations. He feels those vibrations and veers off. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and saying hi!

Hi back!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...