August 16, 2011

Flowers everywhere!


My Shamrock plants, a purple and a green that I planted together, lovelovelove camping outside in the late Spring and entire Summer. Technically, it's a Wood Sorrel called Oxalis Triangularis and can live outdoors in our area if protected. I have had mine for 10 years or more and have divided it up ( it has teeny tiny bulbs ) dozens of times and given them away. It goes through a dormancy period in the winter...all the stems and leaves gone...quite pitiful. But then pops back up in March or so if we have plenty of light. It's also edible! RV99F3HHMYF5




Visited a friend’s garden the other day. Just in time for the Loganberries. My timing is perfection.



I ate so many I was burping Loganberries.





My Sage is going through it’s final stages for this year. The seeds have dropped, and it’s more yellow than green. I like the following photo of it as it shows all stages and the flowers are still beautiful.






And mmmmmm!! Chocolate Mint! I’ve never done anything with it…except walk by and squish a leaf and drown in the aroma daily.


When I had a garden ( waaay too many moons ago ), I had Pineapple, Orange, Chocolate and both Spear and Peppermint Mints on both sides of the door. Whenever the dogs came in or out they would brush themselves on it and the smell that came wafting from them all was so closeyoureyes and relax with it all….I miss my mints.

This is a St John's Wort living behind my home. It is rampant around here…dots the meadows and runs alongside the highways and byways right next to the Chicory and Golden Rod.



Mmmmmm, Blackberries. My very favourite berry. This year I plan on making a few goodies with them. Jam, pies, some juice to add to Olive Oil for salad dressings ( omg yum! ) and just a helluva lot of frozen berries. Just an FYI…Blackberry Daiquiri's in the winter months are especially favourited. 



Johnny Jump Up wildly growing among the bush and trees behind us.



And a photo of Henry from almost 2 years ago…geez, hard to believe he was ever this teeny!




3 comments:

  1. Has it been two years already? Yikes.

    Lovely photos. The berries look delicious. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment on my blog Colleen!

    I've looked through your blog and think it's so cozy. I see that you live in Canada, cool. It feels like Canada and Sweden have similar climates.

    Like you, I also lives in the countryside but we have do not have bears in the southwestern part of Sweden where I live. But further up, there are bears.

    You have really nice pictures of the nature and your beautiful dogs.
    I wonder what Loganberries is? It is reminiscent of raspberries?

    Best regards ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nancy, I know, 2 years! It seems like yesterday!

    Hi Linda! Loganberries are one of the blandest berries I've ever eaten. They have a very slight tartness to them with a bit more sweet. They would be phenomenal inwith a bowl of blackberries!

    Thank you for commenting that my blog is "cozy". I'm very happy you think so...I recently changed it from being too busy and stark looking to what it is now. It won't stay like this though, I am forever changing things around. :)) I do like this version though so it will stay for awhile.

    Thanks for coming by!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and saying hi!

Hi back!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...