"Sunshine is delicious, rain is refreshing, wind braces us, snow is exhilarating; there is no such thing as bad weather, only different kinds of good weather." — John Ruskin
Peeked out my bedroom window when I woke this morning and saw…
If you know me, you know how much I absolutely love snow. I could list many adjectives that describe it for me but the best word I can think of is peacefulness. The stillness it brings is exhilarating to me. I suppose that is because I abhor noise. Not nature noise like birds chattering or dogs barking. It’s the human interference noise that makes me crazed. Horns honking, sirens blaring, people yakking etc. Not that I hear much of the latter where I live, but when I do hear it, it sounds magnified.
When it snows, I rarely hear those sounds as everyone else wants to stay tucked inside. Good!
Snow brings a serene beauty to everything it lands on as well. The driveway….
Had to take a couple of photos of this little bird…willing it turn around so I could see it’s face…
Will this become someone's Christmas tree laden with crap? Oh I hope not!
I took the dogs out for a romp in the snow today but was too much of a wimp to haul out the camera for fear of it getting wet. On the way there….
Frankie in the van silently killing me with his eyes. I was taking much much too long to get to the lake….
Tomorrow it is not suppose to snow. Booooooo! But at least I can take photos of the dogs running around in it! Hopefully we can get down to the lake again. It was so incredibly still and quiet there today. If not, there is always the rail yard behind the sardine can, that’s always a good run.
I have been wanting to ask you about Frankie - you haven't mentioned him for awhile. So glad to see his sweet face on your blog again. Does Frankie still suck? :)
ReplyDeleteHappy for you and your snow. Enjoy!
Hahahaha Nancy!! You just cracked me up! Merci beaucoup for that!
ReplyDeleteOn my tracker, the "Frank Sucks" post is in the top 5 posts that people make their way here. ( crap...did that sentence make sense? ) And 98% of those people are from somewhere in Europe. Hmmmm.
Yep, Frank still sucks. ( Blankies people, he sucks his blankies when he's content! sheesh! )It's a longish story but he lives with an ex, but I see Frank and love all over him daily.
The snow, I'm afraid, is on it's way out. Rain rain rain is in the forecast. :(
The snow surely has a special beauty all its own.... but now after 3 three month of the toughest winter in years and a serious case of "cabin fever', I'm ready to move on. I'm with Nancy and would like to see Frankie. My big GSE, Baron, doesn't get much blog space in winter either. Mostly cause I'm a couch potato but when spring comes Baron stars in the blog on almost a daily basis. He's my hiking companion. :)
ReplyDeleteI'm really looking forward to a weather change as well. It would be different if it snowed and stayed, but here on the wet west coast of BC, it snows and then rains. It's pretty for a day, maybe 2, then it turns ugly.
ReplyDeleteAnd I do take more of the dogs in better weather because I'm not so afraid I will ruin my camera!
I'm with you on the snow, nothing more peaceful than a walk in a Winter wonderland.
ReplyDeleteTo appreciate the snow, you have to have different seasons (IMHO). We do have different seasons over here, but I envy you 'cause you definitely get more snow!!!