September 12, 2010

StickTape for f**k sakes!!!

Tried to explain what I wanted to a geeky young lady at a hardware store.

It's black tape.

It's very heat resistant.

It's used around the house.

Electricians use it.

Stick tape for fuck sake!!!!

Ohhhh, the geeky young guy next to her said...you mean hockey tape.

Thanks to the geeky guy who must have played road hockey.


6 comments:

  1. Hahaha...love it!!! You have a great sense of humor...Hockey tape...only in CN.. ;-) We call it electrical tape here in WI..but now I have a new term when I am drinking beer with my friends that are Electrician's....So, are you a part-time or full-time hockey player? :-) Me...I fall on my ass just "looking" at ice skates.....R Dean

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I had of walked into a sporting goods store they would have known what I was talking about because I would have said "stick tape". But in a hardware store...well THIS hardware store they had no clue.

    Glad I could supply you with a 100% Canadian story!

    Ice skate? ME?? Ha...not in 20 years or so. I wouldn't trust my body on skates now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to say what R Dean already said -- electrical tape! Haha! I'll have to ask my mom if she knows what stick tape is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha - that made me giggle! A hardware store not knowing that the black sticky tape is called electrical tape! Its use for repairing/reinforcing hockey sticks is secondary. In fact, I don't remember kids using electrical tape on their hockey sticks when I was a kid - but no doubt the sticks were made of stronger, more expensive wood back then. They seemed to last forever. Or maybe we didn't play as hard - no beating other players over the head with the sticks. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahahaha,I love it! In our family we call it hickey tape,lol,I mean HOCKEY tape.. I had no clue it was really electrician's tape until my Hubs told me,heehe
    At an army surplus store I once found Camo hockey tape...ohhh fancy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jean, you're speaking of the shiny black tape correct? What I wanted was the cloth black tape that is stick/hockey tape. Which they do use for electrical stuff as well.

    And hahaha, I remember my Mum telling us that if we broke one more stick she was going to hide the stick tape. To us, who played road hockey daily, that was blasphemy.

    Lael...camo stick tape??? omg we would have freaked on that when we were kids!!

    Nancy...your Mum should know what it is...she is a Canuck after all!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and saying hi!

Hi back!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...