So Quiet
Dogs and I went up Silver Skagit Mountain....for about 1.5miles. Too much snow and I'm in a 2004 Ford Windstar,
not gonna' go further. We romped for a bit in 3 feet of snow, I whipped out my Canon S3IS and the fucker froze. I melted snow 6 feet radius with my drunken sailor swearing. Then went back to tossing snowballs for the dogs, following them through drifts ( they make the BEST paths! ),and walked along a frozen creek. I saw little fish through the ice! ( very cool ) My toes were becoming numb, ( wool socks, double layer next time me thinks )so I loaded us up and fearfully drove back down. 1.5 miles up with a steep grade, and coming down was freaky!Got back to town, went to to where the Coquihalla and Fraser Rivers meet up to see if there were anymore bergs floating down river.I've never ever heard this river be so quiet.
No *smack* as the water hits the boulders, or the wee sound of water near the sand shore. Nothing. It moves a bit slower, still steady and strong, but no sound.And no damn bergs! Ah well, still pretty.....
You are making me feel guilty for not going outside more. I'm going to try to remedy that tomorrow, well today I guess since it's after midnight. Buck needs more time on the leash cuz he sucks at it.
ReplyDeleteGo PLAY outside!!
ReplyDeleteMake a snow angel!! 'S!!!!!
Oooh I wanna see fish through the ice! That sounds awesome.
ReplyDeleteI went for a walk with the kid yesterday and could have used a few dogs to clear a path for me.
It was hard work,huffing and puffing through the drifts!