January 07, 2009

And so it goes....

Yesterday was a comedy of errors freakin' disaster.

I live between 2 mountain ranges and 2 major rivers. We had a wicked cold snap, then a crazy amount of snow, now a crazy amount of rain. Flooding and avalanches are all over.

I also live where 3 major highways meet up. 3 avalanches, numerous mud slides, and major water pooling up on the highways, have meant hundreds of people either staying in town or clogging up the way in and out.

Hordes of nice overtime pay for the highway dept. guys though! Sweet!

When we left home at noon, there was a mud slide they were cleaning up on the opposite side of the highway I traveled on. No problem I thought, they'll have it all cleaned up in a couple of hours when I'd be traveling home.

Not.

Had to back track, go 45 minutes around to find a trillion cars back up, waiting for another slide and water pooling to be cleared.

Good thing I carry human and dog cookies and water! It took 3.5 hours. * scream*

Going to try and get out again tomorrow. Today was very boring.

Here's some color to take away my grey day.

3 comments:

  1. Geez, and I get frustrated with my 20 minute trip to town on gravel roads. You are determined, I'll give you that, and a little crazy I might add. :) You be careful, woman, we don't want to have to come and dig you out of a snow drift! Say hi to hunky meat-eater man for me. Hope you have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been wondering how you were making out up there as it can be the asshole of the world at times. We have had a surprize hit of snow here but is almost gone in my yard but terrific flooding ina areas here. Anyway love ya lots kiddo and will talk soon....

    jo & gunny

    ReplyDelete
  3. We went out again yesterday, rain rain rain...fuck off.

    Jo,wasn't that snow dump stunningly beautiful??!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and saying hi!

Hi back!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...