January 22, 2009

New Dog Walk! Yipeeeee!!

Well, we took off earlier today to the place a friend told me about.....and boy oh boy! What can I say, except all 3 amigos are sleeping off the great time we all had!

Whoooo Hoooooo!! Sand, glorious sand!









What a sad and pitiful chair!

There are First Nations reserves dotted all over my small part of the world. Here's a small smoke house along this beach they use after making their catches.



And a view to the Fraser on the way up the mountain home.


Duck marsh



Although this Bullrush is pretty well frozen solid, it was still velvety soft to touch.

9 comments:

  1. Oh wow....what a little slice of heaven!!! I love it!

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww Jo, it WAS heaven! It's not often I come across large sand bars like this one has. Apparently the river will rise up a bit,but still leave enough sand to run the dogs on. And only about 15 minutes away...perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you have some amazing photo ops there! What a beautiful place. Your dogs are lovely too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, thanks for the compliment on my dogs! ( I concur :))

    Yes, some amazing photo ops here...I need to hone some photography skills though. ( I bow down to you...I wish I had your eye! )

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that is beautiful there. Was this in January? Open water and greenery. Oh how nice it will be to see those things again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh and I am in love the the sheppies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jonna!

    That was this past Thursday! It was *snow-less* along the river and about 40 from the edge. Then, because we were in a heavily forested area it was heavily iced snow with a thick layer of hoar frost.

    There was a bit of a wind too that day,it was freaking cold!

    The crap thing about that "walk on the beach" is that apparently in the summer there are whacks of teenagers there. And since I enjoy solitary walks with my dogs, we go up the mountain further for our alone time.

    Thanks for your comment about my Sheps! I'm in love with your geese!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful dogs and pictures of the mountains!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks uought2b.a.dog!

    Going to check out your blog!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and saying hi!

Hi back!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...