July 30, 2008

My Ticket

Ticket is my new German Shepherd Dog. She just turned one....and is gorgeous dahling! Her 1 year birthday celebration was July 11th.



She came to me when my heart and head were ready.

She has become Frankie's confidante, co-nutbar, wrestling partner, and all-round co-conspirator. I LOVE IT!!!! And I KNOW Frank does too.

Here she is taking a round out of Frankie. My gawd....these 2 are non stop most of the day.


Catching their breaths for the next round....


She has become Watcher's lil sista/bed buddy. Watcher is the alpha here, and never allows Frank up on my bed when he is on it. But Ticket can leap up, close in on Watcher, and sleep tight in with him and he doesn't blink. Poor Frank....he adores Ticket, and most especially adores Watcher, and is seriously puzzled all the time by this phenomenal turn of events.

It will play out the way it is meant to play out with the 3 of them. I will not interfere in their pecking order.

Ticket was kenneled her whole life, She had no idea of balls being thrown. It took her 3 days to realize that the ball in my hand, was the same ball Watcher and Frankie chased. She saw the ball in my hand, but missed the throwing part. It was toooo quick for her.

She's been having a blast discovering all the little things she never saw, heard, smelled etc etc before. Swimming is getting to be her favorite thing. Although she has never gone in deep enough to actually swim, she does go out till her sides get soaked and then walks around in the water. She LOVES our mountain walks, but I've cut back on them till the bears are hibernating. We'll stick to field and river walks till then.

Watcher, Frank, and Ticket


Some photos of a very few of the wildflowers growing here in Southwest British Columbia....

Queen Anne's Lace with Chicory in the background



Foxglove


Chicory


Marsh Yellow Cress


Fireweed


And one more of my girl Ticket!


3 comments:

  1. Damn she is a fine looking lady Colleen....I am so happy for her to have you,Watcher & Frankie. Lucky dog indeed!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome, Ticket! I can't wait to meet you!
    I'm so glad Frankie and Watcher have each found their own way to welcome Ticket into their lives.

    You have three beautiful, very fortunate dogs there, Colleen.

    Jean

    ReplyDelete
  3. A piece from a puzzle was missing, and then there she was.

    Ticket is my honey pie.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and saying hi!

Hi back!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...