Viooltje from Lady Greenthumb's Garden tagged me! Below are the rules of this tag..... ( oh, an aside: Viooltje is a beautiful person. I would bet that if we ever met in *real* life, we would be firm and fast friends )
1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on the blog.
3. Write six random things about yourself.
4.Tag six people at the end of your post.
5. Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up.
K, six random things about me.....
1. I am a dogaholic. I admit it. I don't think I will ever have less than 3-4 dogs in my pack. I love the smell of them, the feel of them, their intelligence, thier softness, their kindness, their generosity of spirit and love...just every damn thing about them. They make my heart smile.
2. I love old black and white classic movies. Romance especially. "An Affair To Remember" with Deborah Kerr and Cary Grant being one of my favorites. Oh my gosh what a handsome man.
3. Purple is my favorite color. Any shade will do, but I am partial to deep dark purple. It makes me happy!
4. I abhor it when I hear of wealthy people spending millions and millions of dollars on weddings, or bar mitzvahs, or their 4th or 5th homes. Selfishness I say. Help find a cure for a disease, or buy a poor village a water well and some cows.....whatever. Just do something good and decent with your EXCESSIVE wealth.
5. Politicians nauseate me. When I was young I believed in them. Now that I am wiser and older ( and more cynical ) I don't look at them in any way, except to wonder when they will fall and fail us.
6. True leaders inspire me. Dr. King, Ghandi (s ), Nelson Mandela, Mother Theresa, Carol Hine from S.A.I.N.T.S., ( although I am sure Carol would cringe for me to mention her along with the others, but hell, it's how I feel ), and many people who are nameless and faceless, but walk among us as angels might. They lead with grace, humor, and truth.
And that's 6! Yes! I thought I'd never get through that!
K, so here's my 6 blogs to tag....
Netnerd This is Kelly's ( my son ) blog. I gain all my political and other interesting and thought provoking reading done with him.
hollywood farm girl This is Tammy Lynn Michaels blog. She is the wife of Melissa Etheridge....very interesting feelings she has.
My Life With The Critters This is Jean's blog. She fosters and is owned by Pot Bellied Pigs, Dogs, a Cat and an Alpaca. Wonderful stories, great photos, and she either makes me think, or makes me smile,and sometimes both!
S.A.I.N.T.S. This is Carol Hine. She runs a senior animal sanctuary here in B.C. Canada. Her blog will make you sob, laugh, and, hopefully, think deeper concerning the rights of animals, specifically seniors.
Nicaragua Redux: The Sarna Dog Chronicles From her bio: For the moment I live in Granada, Nicaragua. Through an organization called Building New Hope I work with Casa Lupita, a spay/neuter clinic that also works to improve the quality of life of street animals in Granada.
Three Woofs And A Woo This woman has an incredible and addictive wit. She is a professional photographer,who's specialty is dogs. One day I hope to have her come out my way to photograph my dogs.
Ah! So THAT'S what tagging is! I saw your comment on my blog, but when I googled "tag" I came up with all sorts of computer and blog related definitions for it, but not this one.
ReplyDeleteKinda like a blog chain letter? Except no dire consequences for failing to pass it on ["If you don't send this to 61 friends in the next 16 minutes, your whole blog will disappear and your computer will be destroyed by the virus from h*ll"]. Hahahaha
Okay, I'll play, but I'll need a few days to think of six people I'm willing to tag who won't shoot me, and six things I'm willing to disclose about myself.