July 18, 2011

A Canine Fueled Weekend.

Jo, a dear old friend and Carol, a new friend…and their dogs, Gunny and Annie, ( an Australian Shepherd and Turvuren, which is a Belgium Shepherd ) came to attend a herding clinic and trial last week a few miles away in Laidlaw. Also along for the ride and great socializing experience was Rojo, Jo’s 8 month old Australian Shepherd, of which I didn’t take photos of…sometimes I piss myself off.

On Saturday I took Ticket for a few hours, where it rained almost the entire time. No surprise there though as that area is so tight between the Cascade and Coast Mountain Ranges it’s shocking when it isn’t raining there during our wet season.

Ticket was fine with the rain, until a half hour into it. Then she pawed up at me, make some boo hoo poor poor pitiful me noises. I knelt down and shared my umbrella with her for a few seconds then she spotted Jo’s empty chair.


I was standing to her left, quietly opened my camera bag and brought it out. She glanced up at me but stayed put. The second I slowly stepped forward to try and take a photo she went to jump off, probably thinking the rain had beat some sense into me, and that we were heading to a dry area. Carol hung onto her collar so I could take the photo. Doesn’t she look like she’s having a grand old time! Like, this is the bestest day ever! Like she absolutely cannot live without a day in the rain!

It was wonderful to see Jo again, she’s fun, energetic and has a lot of insight, of which I gladly feed from. And fantastic to meet Carol and her dog Annie and her 3 Miniature Pinschers!

Jo and Gunny
Go get ‘em Gun!









Partnership








Waiting to herd cattle.


I didn’t get any photos of the cattle herding because I was using Jo’s camera. It’s fancy schmancy and I coveted it. I must have one. Nor did I get any of the duck herding as I was a coward and didn't have the appropriate cover for my camera.

The dogs that were there were beautifully well trained ( great simple manners along with more complex ones), they were absolutely adored by their people as much as they themselves adored them.



 























Carol’s Tervuren, Annie



All these photos below were taken in about 1 minute. These 2 Border Collie pups rough housed, got themselves tangled up together and with people, were untangled, then promptly began to happily beat on each other again. Good times! :)


Hope you all are enjoying today! It’s quite lovely where we are, I better get our asses out and enjoy it more!

3 comments:

  1. What a fun event, Colleen. I love the photos. What kind of camera did you use? Your compositions are fantastic.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL - love the picture of Ticket in "her" chair - rain canopy and all! Smart girl, that Ticket!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nancy, my old stand by Canon Powershot s3is. Thanks for the compliment!

    Jean, There were some surprised looks from people when Ticket plonked herself in the chair, but, to me, that's just the way that chick is! She's very prissy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and saying hi!

Hi back!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...