July 23, 2011

Cyndy, Brock, Frankie and more

I think Cyndy and I have known each other for 3 million years and friends for all of them. I love her with all my self.




Brock is a 5 year old female Cockatoo, a relative baby for the breed considering they can live to be 60ish. One day when it was particularly chilly for a bird, who has plucked a few chest feathers, her person Fred made her a *sweater* out of one of his tube socks. It looked pretty damn comfy!


 


Along with Budgies, Canaries, Finches, Lovebirds, and a Cockatoo Fred has Silkie chickens, 1 rooster and 5 hens. He dutifully gathers eggs every morning, but these sly chicks managed to stash 7 eggs. They hatched and voila, the Silkie family grew to be 13. Yowzers. Anyone want a Silkie baby about 2 months old? Or 7? Seriously.

The Roo, giving explicit instructions to the hens to hide! hide! hide! themselves and the babies.




Frankie contemplating on whether or not to tell the roaming neighbourhood cat to eff off.




This is Jack. AKA known as Black Jack. Dianne and Dave, his people, don’t live too far away. This summer, we are getting all our dogs together for a play date. ( nudge nudge…right Dianne? ) The first photo is with no editing. The next one is a few I played with last night. This dog is so incredibly handsome you can’t foul up his photo!






Sunset from one of my most favourite views in Hope, up on the Cheam Mountain above Herrling Island.


And on another day down at the entrance to Herrling Island




How rude. How crude
.


But even Travis Bickle agrees
.



Next Sunday is the Gay Pride Parade in the west end of Vancouver and I’m super excited to be going.

I’ll be driving in with Fred and Shannon and meeting up with Rob and hopefully Cyndy and my sister Jamie will be able to join up with us. You can read about the parade etal on the Vancouver Pride site. It is going to be a day filled with color, pride, drag queens and more fun than a




The big yellow ball woke me up this morning. Thank you sun for gracing us with your warmth and light. Please stay for a few days.



Have an absolutely glorious weekend guys!

5 comments:

  1. For sure, Colleen, we'll have to have a playdate this summer!!! We'd head out your way, of course...there's more room to roam way out there, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots and LOTS of room to roam out here for sure! Looking forward to it Dianne. :))

    I'll make us up a jug of cocktails for afterwards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy to see Frankie. I miss him, if you know what I mean. :)

    Gorgeous photos and I am loving your editing. Isn't it fun? Have a great Sunday Colleen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Kelly!

    Nancy, I have a blast with editing. There is rarely a photo I don't at the very least crop. Most of them get cropped and some of them get color tweaked. And thanks, I do plan to enjoy today....it's not raining!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and saying hi!

Hi back!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...