June 16, 2011

Ohhhh pretty flowers!

There is a massive growth of Wild Roses immediately behind my home. Oh my gosh, the smell wafting from them is glorious!

IMG_5371

IMG_5372

IMG_5333

IMG_5337

IMG_5383

 

A few further feet down, Scotch Broom

IMG_5331

 

Lupine

IMG_5400

IMG_5405

IMG_5409

 

I have no clue what these sweet things are, but they remind me of French Lavender

IMG_5415

IMG_5413

 

Delicate Wild Daisy

IMG_5418

 

Lilac…oh how I love you!

IMG_5325

 

Wild Lily

IMG_5387

IMG_5424

 

And a friend told me the name of this a couple years back, but the memory is lost! ( Jean, are you reading this? Help! )

IMG_5420

I had spotted the Lilies after coming back from a friends home, and so pulled over to photograph them. Looking just beyond them I noticed a rough road and fields of wild flowers! Whoa, how cool is it to live somewhere for a few years and all of a sudden find another perfect dog walking stroll! The grass was knee high, and I panic at the thought of ticks on the dogs, so no walking there yet. But come Fall and Winter we are definitely heading there.

Hope you enjoyed your Thursday!

2 comments:

  1. That last one is honeysuckle. I think the pink one is purple prairie clover, but I might be mistaken.

    Lovely flowers -- the roses are remarkable. Great photos. Love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, honeysuckle for the last one (great for attracting hummingbirds!), and purple prairie clover for the other.

    With the cold spring, it seems like ALL the flowers have come out at once - the ones we usually get earlier and the ones that don't normally bloom until this time of year. It is soooo beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and saying hi!

Hi back!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...