I Am A Canadian
I am not a rioter, or a fear monger.
I wear balaclava's only when skiing or tobogganing
and the only cocktails I partake of
are made from Canadian Rye.
I love hockey, oh yes, I really do,
but I also love football, soccer, basketball, lacrosse, baseball and darts.
Okay, yes, and curling.
But to each his own, and that's just fine eh.
I respect my police, the courts and our laws.
If I feel something needs changing,
I don't take hostages, blow up buildings
or kill my politicians.
I politely discuss it face to face with the powers that be,
and we change it together.
I have opportunities, great health care,
understand and appreciate our gun laws.
I can go anywhere in the world
proudly proclaiming my citizenship, and be warmly welcomed.
I have clean water, Smarties and Red Rose Tea.
Canadians have never owned slaves,
we have our own breed of horse; The Canadian,
we drink real beer...not yellow water, and we are just
so flippin' nice, kind and gentle.
Our government recognizes the health benefits of our weed,
admits it,
and some of us are legally allowed to grow it.
Same sex marriages are performed everywhere,
we truly love and admire diversity,
we are a proud proud melting pot of people,
and I am honored to be a Canadian.
Colleen Donnelly ~ June, 17, 2011

Awesome post, Colleen -- just perfect in every way. !! :)
ReplyDeleteHear, hear!!!
ReplyDeleteThank you ladies! I had a good time writing it!
ReplyDelete