June 24, 2011

Doin’ The Davie St. Stroll

I visited my Dr. in Vancouver yesterday, then met up with an old and dear friend.

*I’ve embedded my comments directly in the photos, so just hover your pointer over each and there you go! And as usual click on them for a higher resolution*

Marijuana Dispensary

Rob

Rob still looks hot...even with his gangsta style chained wallet.

The gorgeous view from Rob's apartment

Human hives

A flower garden amidst the hive...lovely!

Verbena on Rob's balcony garden. What a beautiful flower this is!

Having a caramel frap ( which gave me the most gawdawful throat freeze ) and people watching.

The best, and most interesting, free reading material around!

Oh, you KNOW I'm going into the Cottonmouth Smoke Shop!

Decisions, decisions....

and more decisions...

can you say bong?

Hey! That looks like a German Shepherd bong! Next visit.....

Only in Canada eh!

Good to see that inflation hasn't ruined it for the peepers!

I'm kinda' diggin' on that pink tutu!

How cool are these sculptures!

new friends!

Spent many fun evenings in this church gym playing volleyball during my bad ass teen years. The reverend was the coolest!

St Pauls Anglican Church. Davie and Jervis St

Good memories here. :)

The allies and walkways/paths were absolutely spotless and teeming with flower bushes.

Water gardens and little man made creeks wove their ways all through the village.

There is a small hole in the center of this rock...water was gently coming out of it. Perfect for little birds wanting a bath! So cool!

Love and flowers everywhere.....

Community gardens were around every corner

I don't own a bible, so I have no clue what the eff they are getting at, but what an odd sign to see on a church!

Gorgeous dog and LOVE the bottom of the sign!

And that’s it! Then I headed home and tailed this truck for part of the way.

A great afternoon for me. Lots and lots of laughs, awesome company and beauty every which way I looked.

6 comments:

  1. "Human hives" - love it! Perfect metaphor!

    I do think you need that German Shepherd bong, Colleen. Oh, and the pink tutu. I can't believe you didn't try it on and have the clerk take a photo of you in it. ROFL.

    My daughter lives downtown and has had a plot in a community garden for several years now - they are a wonderful concept and she has truly enjoyed it. A very affordable and green option (I think she pays $20 a year, and they supply all the water, tools, etc - she just supplies her labour and seeds).

    ReplyDelete
  2. For a 1/10 of a second I did consider trying it on Jean! But then I wondered if there'd been a set of hairy balls in it trying it on previous. So, nuh uh, no way. ( and I apologize profusely for any images that may bring )

    I was stunned and happily surprised to see all the green and waterways. There were Koi in some of them! A few of the allies were so incredibly tidy and pretty it was odd to see cars drive down them. Very park like everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful tour of your fair city, Colleen. I enjoyed it so much! Can we expect more picture-laden posts from you in the near future? You live in such a beautiful place. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been taking a lot of photos recently of the town that I live in. And it seems that most of them are quite *stark*. Hope is such a small town, only 1 stop light in town, and so few people around...some of the photos make it look like a ghost town! It livens up in the summer with tourism, ( June, July and August ) then fades out again.

    I missed the most recent Aboriginal's Day last Tuesday. I kicked myself for that. They get pretty *rustic*with the food and dancing...all the colors and pride is phenomenal. Ah well, there'll be a few more this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Colleen, I love the blogs and am glad for the but-kick coz theses pics and your commentary are a gas/great!
    I really had a wonderful time that day just hang,n around with you. any hoo over and out.
    Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the feedback Robert! I had soooo much fun that day, except for the iced caramel frap throat freeze. :)

    Now you need to get a photo blog going!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and saying hi!

Hi back!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...