Wednesday, May 18th 2011. That’s the day the world got lucky.
Logan Roop was born to Kelly and Sumeet.
I left my home at 7 a.m. to drive the 2 hours to make the scheduled birth at 11…giving myself an extra 2 hours for road delays.
No clogged traffic through the mountains!
Still okay past the mountains. Nice sunshiny day!
Yikes, I’m glad I’m not heading east! Look at those poor saps to the left! Lots of folks heading out of the concrete jungle of Vancouver for the May long weekend.
‘Bout an hour away, blasting Bob Marley, smilingsmilingsmiling…
EEEEEK!!!! Just over the top of the hill…gawddamn people heading to the island taking up my road space and time….get the f**k outta’ my way!!!
K, it’s all cool. I get there by 10:00. Plenty of time to spare. I go to the Labour floor, tell the nurses I’m there and to let my son know. Whew! I am shown the waiting room, walk in and begin to get anxious. I do a LOT of this:
looking out the window
and looking at the ceiling
and door eye-balling
and LOTS of clock-watching
and more and more and more door-watching
And then, the skies parted, the world stopped revolving, all the people and animals in the world stood still and held their breath.
Welcome Logan, happy birth day! Get ready for the time of your life!Your Grandma loves you! *perma smiling*
Welcome to the world, Logan! And congratulations to the happy parents and grandparents!
ReplyDeleteHe's beautiful, Colleen - simply priceless.
Now......we need some photos of certain German Shepherds meeting their um...nephew? future playmate? yummy-smelling new kinda treat?
A comparison of Ticket's paw to Logan's wee tiny foot, please!!!!
That was the most beautiful welcome I've ever read or seen Colleen.And that song! Perfect! Welcome Logan!
ReplyDeleteWhat a happy day! So glad little Logan is healthy. :)
ReplyDeleteJean- Kelly, Sumeet and Logan live in an apt in North Van ( with non dog friendly cats )and I'm in Hope. I would imagine I can take photos of Logan with the dogs in a month or so. Well, not Watcher, he's a bit spinny, and definitely not Henry, but Ticket will most definitely be the dog paw in the comparison photo. :-))
ReplyDeleteLael- Awww thanks, that's the Dixie Chicks singing Lullaby. I was biting my lip the first time I heard it. I cry really easily, and putting those photos together with that song near killed me. I nearly drowned is salt water I tell ya!!
Nancy- Truly truly a happy day. I find myself smiling all the time. Now tell me...who the ef smiles when they are washing out a fridge?? ( I did that not an hour ago...smilin' away... )
LOL - I had to laugh at your pics and comments while the journey continued... I could visualize you in the waiting room (I would have been the same!)
ReplyDeleteI already welcomed Logan to this world on FB, but will gladly do it again at Grandma's Blog :)
Wishing you all: health, happiness and love (and yes, grandmothers are allowed to spoil their grandkids :D)!
Thanks Antoinette!
ReplyDeleteI was a crazed anxious grandma to be!!
youre still a crazed grammammmammm and where you taking pictures while driving ????? hahaha congrads gramma welcome to grandparenting hahha
ReplyDeleteoh that was me jamie I guess Im anonymous
ReplyDeleteHahaha Jamie!
ReplyDeleteYes I was taking the photos while driving....if Henry had thumbs I would have brought him and he could've. :-))
Thanks for the welcome to grandparenthood! So far...so cool!
awesome video!
ReplyDeletekd...awesome baby. :-))
ReplyDeleteJust tuned in now, haven't visited in awhile...
ReplyDeleteCONGRATULATIONS to you and all your family on the perfect new addition! Jeez, what a beautiful baby boy! It is so wonderful when they enter the world wrapped in so much love!
Touching, lovely video, Colleen. You are so talented.
This little guy is a keeper :-)
Kim
P.S. I need your email, I want to send you a video link.
Thanks Kim!
ReplyDeleteI sent you an email from my gmail addy. :))
Thanx Colleen. Love the Lullaby song. Wonder if you've ever heard "Beautiful Baby Boy" by John Lennon.
ReplyDeleteIt's a nice one, too.
Kim
Kim, I listened to soooo many baby songs, and John's was one of them. Beautiful song, great lyrics. But the Dixie Chicks Lullaby made my eyes well up, so it won! :)
ReplyDelete