February 13, 2011

Walking For The Sled Dogs

I'm sure everyone has heard about the sled dogs in Whistler BC...if not, read HERE.

The whole horrific ordeal was not just news in BC Canada, but it became known to the world within minutes, nay, seconds of hitting the web. Walks and vigils, vast amounts of hand written letters and online petitions were soon to follow.

Here in my small town of Hope, a walk was organized and people with their dogs turned out today. While we walked there were cars, trucks and semi's going down the highways and roads honking, waving and giving us the thumbs up. Beyond heart warming. Here's a few photos...



The day turned out wonderful....no rain!, the people were warm and friendly and every dog there was extremely well behaved.

I almost put that black Mastiff X puppy and the Sable GSD puppy in my pocket and took them home though!

HOPE STANDARD ARTICLE

7 comments:

  1. Great that you took part in this cause, Colleen. What a horrible tragedy in Whistler, but the awareness raised from the sled dogs horrible plight is pivotal for change.
    Did your 3 musketeers brave the walk, or just you and Ticket?
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim! *WAVING*

    Just Ticket and I. Henry, being blind, would have panicked too much, and Watcher would have just been barking too much! Tick was well behaved though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh I woould 'nap those 2 as well!

    Looks like a great turn out:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I could have been there with my two puppies -- I would have been proud to walk with you, my friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lael...it would be too hard to stash the Mastiff and GSD at your place. *gigglegiggle*

    Nancy...I wish you could have been here too. Can you imagine all 5 of our GSD's?? Way cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. awww, Ticket, always a lady!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes she is Kim. She was a little too excited at the beginning ( soooo many other dogs ) but quickly fell into a nice pace. A lot of people complimented me on her manners and temperament. I was a proud *Mum*. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and saying hi!

Hi back!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...