Yesterday was fantastic! Kelly and Sumeet came and we feasted, laughed and joked.
I was given my favorite gift...books! 3 to do with dogs ( yay! ) and one that I've wanted to read since it came out, "Life". It's the Keith Richards autobiography. Hardcover, 547 pages, and if I didn't have the dogs to deal with I could probably finish it in one day. I read the first chapter first thing this morning. Who knew Keith Richards was such a naughty boy! *snort guffaw*
The dogs were all very well behaved while they eye balled us feasting. Ticket was the only one that had to be told to "out" 3 times. One more time than is normal for Miss Priss.
They feasted too though. And after, they did what a lot of beings do after a great meal....
About 2 a.m. I thought I'd quickly take a bag of garbage outside. I stepped out, shut the door and heard Henry scrape his paws down the inside of it.
Oh wait. Here's a photo of the door lock when it's unlocked, as i left it.
And here's an inside photo of the air vent/sunroof I had to climb through to get back inside.
I had to climb through because when Henry scraped his feet down the door, he popped the lock shut. *shakes fist at Henry* See the bastard locked below.
You know that music theme before horrible wicked things happen? That dum de dum dum duuuum!! I heard that sound. And it frightened me.
I stood on the step looking at the door. Willing it to unlock by itself. No luck. Then Henry realized I was standing right there and proceeded to rake his paws up and down the door. Idiotically, I wondered if he actually might accidentally flip the lock back down. No luck. ( but not 100% idiotically, after all, Watcher locked me out of the van one day and unlocked it while the tow truck was coming down the road to break into it. )
So, I'm thinking, what to do, what to do?? A t-shirt, jeans, slippers and it's pissing outside. I look around for something to jimmy the door open with. Nothing but a shovel. Ummm no. So I walk around the trailer looking for the weak spots. Windows....could have probably done that if they weren't shut tight on the inside. Then I remembered I had left the vent in the kitchen open a crack.
I very bravely ( I say bravely because if I'm higher than a foot off the ground it freaks the shits outta' me ) I climbed on top of the trailer, lifted the air vent, and gingerly climbed down on the counter, then onto the floor.
And vowed to never leave without the door key.
And then beat Henry within an inch of his life.







Unlike children who should be beaten regularly, you have to save beatings for animals for special occasions like this one. Hee Hee!
ReplyDeleteI've heard the Richards book is fantastic and who says there's no such thing as zombies that man is unliving proof!
Oh you did not! ;)
ReplyDeleteDenny, Sumeet has dibs on the book after i read it, if you're interested I can get her to pass you it when she's done. We're both fast readers so maybe a month.
ReplyDeleteAnd yes, children should be beaten regularly...except Kelly and the Prince. ;-)
Nancy...Henry is still in his Mum induced coma. ;-)
Happy New Year Colleen! I already have just about everything I will ever need -- so no wishes will be made, except that you and your doggie tribe stay happy, healthy and no more Henry beatings are necessary. ;)
ReplyDeleteHugs, Nancy
You beat your dog????
ReplyDeleteTill they are black and blue!!And being it is so damn hard to see the bruises...I beat them again!
ReplyDelete