

Rain rain go away, come back another day. Or just rain while I'm sleeping. K, thanks.
It's too much even for the dogs. They quickly slink outside to pee, ears all down and body low to the ground. Then just as quickly pile back in. I have small votives with vanilla oil scattered about, but the lovely aroma of wet dog is winning the war I fear. Ah well, it's to be expected with this shit weather.
Apparently snow will fall tonight and mix it up with the rain intermittently through till Sunday.
Oh yay. I don't have a problem with the rain, and I LOVE the snow, but the slush that develops from both can take a hike.
I must have been near a sickie last week because I've been down for the past several days. I won't get into specifics but nothing has kicked me so hard for years. In fact, I can't remember the last time I was that sneezy/pukey/shivery/sore. A good 1/2 the humans I know on the west coast have been sick with what sounds like the same thing. Better today and tomorrow I'll be perfect again. How's that for positive thinking? :))
I wrote the above last night. When I was a positive thinker. This a.m. I feel just as crappy as I did 5 days ago. Damn, flu, gotta' shake it off!
My alarm clock ( Henry's cold wet nose shoved in my face ) woke me at 7 am. Hugged and smooched 3 dogs who jumped on the bed kissing me awake, got dressed and went to the door to let them out to pee.
Normally, Henry rushes out first followed by Watcher then Ticket. But this a.m. Henry stopped dead when he put his 2 front feet on the top step and crouched down so low and long he looked like a Dachshund. It had snowed during the evening!! It was Henry's first experience with the white stuff! I tried cajoling, I tried going around the corner and calling him, nothing. I went up behind him and tried to give him a wee shove and WHAP! ended up on my ass. This pupper was not going anywhere! Ticket finally came back around and assisted me. She went to him and touched noses and did a whine and he followed her. The same way she taught Henry to go up stairs, she taught him to go down. Damn, I love that dog!
I'm sure the snow won't last, it never does when it snows this early, but it sure is pretty for now.


Sorry you are not feeling well. Especially when your weather is kinda crappy.
ReplyDeleteI'm sure Henry will get used to the snow. Poor dear -- what must he think? :)