The lights dimmed and Kris walked out. No fanfare, just the man and his guitar.
His voice was in great form, he joked, he told anecdotes from his time spent with the "losers" as he obviously lovingly calls them, Johnny, Waylon and the boys. Sang some hauntingly beautiful songs written for his "babies and their Momma's", some classics like Me and Bobby McGee, The Silver Tongued Devil & I, Darby's castle and a whole lot more.
As well as some really wonderful material that doesn't make the airwaves as often as others. One song was written for Layla Al-Attar, who was an accomplished Iraqi artist. She, along with her husband and housekeeper were murdered by a missile attack directed by Clinton after the attempted assassination of the senior Bush. The song is called The Circle.
People were snapping photos all around me and I cursed myself for not bringing my camera. I just did not expect that it would be allowed. At the end of the concert I rushed up to the stage and stuck my hand out. KRIS KRISTOFFERSON SHOOK MY HAND!!!!! Although, I guess he didn't have a choice. It was either a shake or a slap, and since there were witnesses he went for the shake. He's got a nice firm handshake...just in case you were wondering. :))
My fantabulous cousin Denny, who treated me to the evening, took some pics with his cell. Here's Kris....*swoon*
My fantabulous cousin Denny, who treated me to the evening, took some pics with his cell. Here's Kris....*swoon*








Seeing him last night means I can cross one more thing off my Bucket List!
Actually, C, they were taken with a high resolution pocket cam. The lighting would have completely washed out by a phone cam. As it was I still got a bit of a halo effect. BTW - Great spending time with my cuz! :-)
ReplyDeleteOops, my mistake, it was a camera. And a cute little thing too!
ReplyDeleteI think the halo effect came from the lights behind him. He looks angelic!
You lucky duck. Kris, the MAN shook your hand. He was always a hunk. All his songs you mentioned are great; but my favourite is "Highwayman."
ReplyDeleteI am the luckiest duck ever!!
ReplyDeleteAnd now I am humming "Highwayman". Thanks...great tune!