Okay, maybe not world famous, but people all over Canada have heard of them.
Okay, maybe just us B.C. people.
But only a very few lucky ones get to
Hello Lover....

Now get in my belly!



Everyone knows Pooh.
This particular Pooh, who was rescued from a box he'd been packed in for far too long, has been with me since May 29, 1977.

My father bought it for my son Kelly 2 days after he was born. But as happens, boys grow into men and no longer need a Pooh around. So Pooh has found sanctuary with me until the day comes when he may needed by his boy again one day. You are loved Pooh, have no fear.
One of my "Lucky Bamboo" is becoming not so lucky. Not sure what is happening but a few of the leaves are turning brown. I've been tending to it properly, it sits where there is no direct light, water is changed weekly, the pebbles it sits in are washed when the water is changed. What the heck am I doing wrong?

Hi!

Your peach looks fantastic! Yum!! Our Reliance peaches didn't really do much this year due to the harsh winter, but we did get a few teasers for tasting. Nothing like a homegrown peach! About the bamboo, I don't know anything about it -- maybe some of your other readers can help. Have a great day!
ReplyDeleteIt WAS fantastic. I eat 2 a day when they are in season. I already mourn for their loss. Another 2 weeks perhaps.
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely agree with your statement about home grown! I very clearly remember as a whipper snapper my Uncle Bob cutting his steak and saying "it's better home grown". He *grows* cattle. And, it's true! You know what went into it.
My plant is sucking. I think I will try to move all 3 of them somewhere else. Maybe in the bedroom where the light is lower and there is no disturbance.
No disturbance...that says a lot about me! Ha!
You're probably not doing anything wrong with the bamboo, but I have read that plants can go into shock from sudden moves, changes in temperature, etc. It will adjust to the change, give it a bit of time.
ReplyDeleteI guess it's the sudden change in environment then. I hope...because I really like these plants!
ReplyDelete