The sound of rain drops against the window is what woke me this morning. Not a dog, not an alarm clock, but the sound of rain drops. I was in heaven. It sounded so....alive. I tried to be still so as not to wake the dogs. I needed wanted a couple of quiet minutes listening to the outdoors. But the dogs instinctively knew I was awake. How do they do that??
I hadn't moved a muscle, and I only for a brief second opened my eyes! Ticket came and jumped on the bed and smooched me and Watcher rolled over from the side of the bed he'd been sleeping on and watched us. Then Henry realized we were all awake and needed to say good morning! as loudly as any pup does. He yipped and yapped and moaned from inside his crate. I quickly got up, shoved my feet into runners and let Henry out of his crate. As always, he came flying out like a he'd been shot out of a cannon. ( Henry sleeps in a crate at night because he still hasn't mastered the art of *holding it*. ) I opened the door and whoosh! whoosh! whoosh! all 3 went down the 3 steps, ripped around the back and straight into the dog run. They had a few seconds of sniffing and then happily peed. I left them there, walked inside and began my morning. Tea and toast, and plotting our day. On my list of to do things, right at the very top, is clearing scrub bushes from my yard.
A new fence is going to be installed in a couple of weeks. My ex, who works at a sawmill has the luck of being able to pass on to me, free of charge, some kick ass cedar boards. We reckon within a week I should have enough for a new fence. * WAIT! Did I just say reckon?? What am I...living in the 1800's out on the range??*
I was hoping for a 6 foot fence, but since beggars ( and poor people like me ) can't afford to be choosers, it will likely be 5.5 feet. So be it! All I have to pay for are a few bags of cement, screws and oil to preserve it. Sweet deal!
The elderly gentleman across the road from us has me baffled. He leaves his driveway in his monster truck at least 10 times a day. ( no exaggeration ) Easy to tell because he drives a diesel and holy crap is that beast loud. The thing is, he only goes out for 10 minutes max and comes back. And he can't back in his driveway. He pulls in and makes a huge circle on his field and them parks so the beast is facing the road. Nosy people...okay, me! am wondering these things.
I need to find a job. My incoming should be well over and above of what my outgoing is. But that ain't happening just yet. I need my resume vamped up! I used to be Kennel Manager at Woodside Shepherds in Abbotsford years ago and she and I have always kept in touch. She will gladly extol my virtues as an employee. She offered me a position back there, and I would MORE than happily go back, except it is a 3 hour round trip. If it was full time ( she can only offer pt right now ) I would jump at it. Damn it. Oh well, something will come up that is right for me! I have confidence!

I love your blogs Colleen!!
ReplyDeleteHugs...j
Thanks J!
ReplyDeleteyour pooch likes to smooch!
ReplyDelete