August 19, 2009

Stairs are scary!!


Poor poor Watcher. He has had an extremely stressful 2.5 days.

We arrived at Saints very early Monday morning and. strolled around the bottom of the shop so they could have an idea of the layout. Then came the moment I knew there was going to be a problem with...the 14 stairs up to our suite.

Lo and behold Ticket charged up the stairs and down like a trooper. Watcher,on the other hand, refused to move up from the 3rd step. I tried raw rib bones, chicken breast bone and canned dog food. Nada. He whined all night down stairs...poor baby!

Last night I tried Tripe, I figured if he didn't come up with that in front of his face,he wouldn't for a longtime, if ever. He got all the way 3rd from top step and turned and cautiously made his way back down. DOLT!!

I even managed to get Henry up 4 steps with help! I looked at Watcher and said,"look buddy....even a blind puppy can do it!" The shame of that didn't even work!

Carol suggested we close up the open spaces between steps, insert spindles/slats/something on the edges that weren't against the wall. Lots of work, but whatever it takes to get the boy upstairs!

This afternoon I was playing with Henry and had the door shut. I heard Ticket whining on the other side, opened the door and........HOLY SHIT!! There was Watcher, sitting beside Ticket on the top step. He strolled in all proud of himself, found the bed and promptly fell asleep. YAY!!!

NOW I feel at home with all my dogs with me.

Emily


Cleo


Helga, a volunteer, with a few of the Feline Leukemia loves.


I took some nice photos of my guys and a couple videos I'll share tomorrow.

Hope you all have a great night!

4 comments:

  1. Home is where the dogs are, after all. I'm so glad Watcher finally decided that stairs wouldn't keep him away from the troop.

    I love the looks of that Cleo. What a sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colleen I am so doggone happy for you and Watcher of course and methinks Miss Ticket gave him a woofing too!!

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't Cleo a doll! Sweet sweet dog, with a million stories I'll never understand. Damn shame!

    Jo, the first and second night Ticket did indeed give Watcher heck. She'd run up a few steps, bark at Watcher, go a few more, bark again. Down she'd go barking and looking at Watcher.

    I am soooo happy he decided to grab his balls and come up. He's my bed buddy! We missed him!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and saying hi!

Hi back!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...